Thursday, March 30, 2017

A WARM & SUNNY MANILVA ON THURSDAY;

THURSDAY 30th/ MARCH 2017.























Good morning I’m back !



We had a nice in this morning after all the excitement of the past two days;


TUESDAY;


We were up at 5-30 am and I shot off across to the ‘ Costa Del Sol Hospital’ past Marbella, I signed in at the ‘A & E ‘ department and was taken up to the ‘ Admissions’ ward on the second floor, I was in a two- bed private room and was on my own for the next 24 hours, I was then given various tests, the ‘ Anesthetist Consultant ‘  came and checked me out and inserted a ‘Saline’ drip as well as giving me a pre-operation tablet, I was then dry-shaved by a very nice nurse, below the waist and rubbed all over with antiseptics!  I was told to remain in bed and would be taken up to the Operation Theatre later, I was 4th on the list.

I went up at 2-00pm and taken into the Operating Theatre, there were two Consultants, a Doctor and the Anesthetist Consultant, all with nurses, I woke up in the ‘Recovery’ ward, an hour & half later, I was hooked up to the Heart monitoring system as well as the Blood pressure, Temperature and Pulse systems! As well as the Saline drip I was also given Antibiotic drips for the next 12 hours. After an hour I was then taken back to the Admissions ward to my room,

I had the overhead TV system installed and watched the football, France v Spain friendly game, Spain won 0-2!  My supper arrived, Vegetable Soup with Bread, Spinach Tortilla with Carrots and Pineapple chunks and still water, no salt, sugar, etc. with tea later. I had to stay in bed for the next 12 hours until the Doctor came in the morning to check all my readings before letting me go! I kept in touch with Brenda all the time on our simple ‘Pay as You Go’ mobiles, at no cost as they are on the same network!


WEDNESDAY;


I was monitored all night and given a full check up at 7-00am, as the new staff took over, breakfast of bread, jam & tea with biscuits came along, the Doctor arrived on his rounds at 11-00am and gave me the all-clear to go home, I was given the necessary documents and on the way out registered at the main desk, the Hospital will ring me with the appointment with my ‘Prostate’ consultant to get the results in the next 21 days, watch this space.

PS; The hospital have just called me and the appointment is for Wednesday 26th April at 11-15am!! 

I then drove back along the coast road to sunny Manilva, the underground car park was full so I carried on up to the house and decided to take Brenda out for lunch, we went down to ‘ Castillo de la Duquesa’ to ‘La Taberna 2’ for their excellent three-course ‘Menu del Dia’ at 12-95! – we both had the Prawn & Advocado salad, Brenda had the Tortellini with Meat in a Tomato sauce and I had the Pork in Breadcrumbs with a fried Egg, for the dessert we both had the excellent ‘ Dutch Apple Pie’ with Ice cream. 

After returning to the house we settled down and took things very easy, it turned out that we had been reading two books by the same author, ‘ Michael Connelly’ with Detective Harry Bosch!


THURSDAY;


For breakfast we had ‘ Crispy Smoked Bacon Butties’ with mugs of steaming tea, we then sorted out the shopping list for tomorrow morning, we are having a nice relaxing day taking it easy, my ‘Private Nurse’ gave me her special  ‘Johnsons Baby Oil’ massage as I’m very stiff, all over! At lunchtime we are going up to ‘Bar Rojas’ for a light Tapas lunch, see the weather forecast below.

PS; ' Campo' Eggs are back on the menu, the first new batch in many months have just been dropped off, still warm!

The sun broke through and it’s now clear with a bright blue sky, there is no breeze and its going to be up to 21/22degs by the afternoon, over the next few days it’s more of the same and then on Sunday and all of next week it’s getting warmer, watch this space.


See below this mornings sunrise over the Mediterranean. 







This evening for our supper we are having the ‘ Cottage Pie’ that the ‘ Second Chef’ made while the ‘Head Chef’ was away! 


See below;





Still no sign of ‘Reina’ back with us in ‘ Doggy World Heaven ‘ – we are waiting to hear if she is going to be with us over the weekend for a three day sleep-over, Lee & Daniela are due to fly to England for some shopping for their new villa,  ‘ Chispa ‘ is still on lock-down but did escape the other day and came up to see us, watch this space.


PS; We have just had a message from Daniela to say that 'Reina' will be dropped of tomorrow for her weekend sleep-over!















Thoughts for the Day;  See above.


..


No comments: