Wednesday, March 01, 2017

A CRISP & SUNNY MANILVA ON WEDNESDAY - " ST DAVIDS DAY "

WEDNESDAY 1st/ MARCH 2017.   “ ST DAVIDS DAY “ ‘ DYDD GWYL DEWI HAPUS ‘

































I was up before dawn this morning, in fact as I was going out a cockerel was crowing! I shot off on my travels along the coast road to the ‘ Costa Del Sol Hospital’ past Marbella, the sky was red before the sun came up over a sparking Mediterranean, I arrived at 8-00am and went along to the ‘Blood’ Department, as usual it was very busy, at least 50 people on the list, I gave my papers in with a note from our Doctor, I explained that it was an emergency as I was seeing the ‘ Anesthesia Consultant’ next week, I was very lucky as I was taken in straight away – RESULT!

When I arrived back at the house ‘ Chispa’ was there to welcome me, Reina’ had been dropped off earlier, ‘ Charlie’ is due at lunchtime for a week’s holiday, we have just has a phone call from Rose to ask us could she drop off ‘ Scruffy ‘ for the day/night as Adrian has to go back in hospital, the good news is that they all get on, ‘Reina’ is in her duvet, Scruffy is under my office/studio desk and ‘ Chispa’ has gone home, ‘Charlie’ is due any moment – just another day here at ‘ Doggy World Heaven’!

See below Brenda putting the flag out this morning on the top balcony with ' Chispa's' help!







It’s now bright & sunny, the sky is clear and there is just a slight breeze, it’s getting warmer by lunchtime, tomorrow we have more of the same before but then on Friday & Saturday it’s going to be a little wet, then on Sunday and into next week it’s picking up again and going a lot warmer, ‘ Spring ‘ has arrived, watch this space.







This evening Lee & Daniela are joining us for supper, Daniela is flying into Gibraltar this afternoon from the UK and Lee is picking her up as she leaves work. I’ve just made the ‘ Braised Steak & Onions ‘ in a rich Mixed Vegetable sauce, the ‘ Second/Vegetable Chef’ has hand cut and shaped the ‘barrel’ potatoes as we are having ‘ Fondant Potatoes ‘ – as there was a lot of potato trimming we have some of Brenda’s famous ‘Mashed Potato’ as well! Whole Green Beans & Cauliflower Florets in a Three Cheese sauce. The dessert is ‘ Crepes a la Mode ‘ To start we have nibbles with a nice glass of ‘ Cava ‘

Yesterday evening we went along to the to the top stage to listen to the Manilva ‘ Combo ‘ Band playing 80s ‘Spanish’ dance music, it’s all the Professors from the ‘School of Music’ – Piano, Guitar, Drums, Trumpet, Trombone, Sax & Clarinet – the bass player is our friend, Fernando, the leader of the Brass Band! There are two singers including our friend, Isobel, who has a ‘ Helluva’ voice, they have a very good sound ( Loud) & light ( Bright ) system, I also suggest to them some tracks to listen too for their ‘English’ show in July, ‘Beth Hart & Jo Bonamassa and Rag ‘n’ Bone Man’ will be in the show, watch this space.

















Thoughts for Day; See above.




..

No comments: