Friday, July 20, 2018

A VERY WARM & SUNNY MANILVA ON FRIDAY AT THE START OF THE WEEKEND.


FRIDAY 20th/ JULY 2018.
































We were both up again this morning, I saw little princess ‘ Reina’ back with us for the day, she shot onto her duvet, ‘Prince Paddy & Comeboy’ spent the night on the marble floor, ’Paddy’ under the bed and ‘Comeboy’ in front of the fan, they both joined us on the bed this morning, ‘ Paddy’ for his cuddles and ‘ Comeboy’ for a ‘ love’ – they both waited as we got ready, we then took them down the shady side of the street for their first walk of the day.

I carried on to the underground car park and shot down to Sabinillas, on my travels, for our weekly shopping, I was first in the queue outside ‘ Mercadona’ – which was packed and very busy with holidaymakers, I then collected the newspapers from the ‘ English Bookshop’ before going along to the far end of the promenade to the local market for our fresh flowers & walls plants, on the way back I stopped at ‘Super Sol’ for the ‘English’ essentials, at this time of the year their ‘ Fish Counter’ is open, I spotted a large, fresh ‘Rodaballo –Turbot ‘ – so I asked the ‘ Fish Lady’ to fillet it into 4 pieces, she then ‘ murdered’ the poor fish,( 4 ‘chunks’)  as I was off shopping, I could have done a much better job myself, I told the Manager that she needs training! I then unloaded back at the house and put the car away, when I returned to the house I was ready for a quick toast & tea, as I didn’t have time to call into ‘ itZabar’ for my usual ‘pit-stop’!


After another very hot & clammy night it was still the same this morning, very close & warm, with just a slight breeze, by lunchtime it’s due to reach 34 degs+ - more like it for the time of the year, over the weekend it’s staying the same, next week we are in for more of the same, even getting warmer at times, in the high 30s,  over next week’s/weekend ( 4 days) of ‘Festivals’ is going to be a ‘ Hot-One’ -  watch this space.


See below pictures of the  “ Celebrity Eclipse “ berthed at the Pier Head in a rather sunnier day, yesterday, in Liverpool.














On the sports front today; the first practise session is underway at the ‘German Grand Prix’ at Hockenheim, today’s ‘Stage 13 ‘ of the “ Tour De France “ is from Bourg D’Oisans to Valence over 170 kms, with a sprint finish, Geraint Thomas won a dramatic five-man sprint finish to secure back-to-back stage wins, and extend his lead in the ‘Yellow’ jersey, the first Briton to win on the fabled ‘ Alpe D’Huez’ !


See the route map below;















As you will have guessed this evening for our supper we are having “ Pan-Fried ‘ Fillets’ of Rodaballo- Turbot “ cooked in foaming Lime Butter, with Broccoli Florets & Garden Peas & ‘ Parsley New Potatoes, on Saturday it’s going to be ‘Grilled Fillet Steaks’ with all the trimmings and then on Sunday we are having a small ‘Roast Chicken’ – cold, with a selection of Salads.




As it started before it was 'Butchered ' !






This afternoon/evening after catching the ‘ Tour De France’ we will catch up with all the ‘Quiz Shows’ that we follow, before later, after supper, channel hopping to find something to watch.





















Thoughts for the Day;  See above.






...











No comments: