Thursday, February 09, 2017

A WARM & SUNNY MARBELLA & MANILVA ON THURSDAY;

THURSDAY 9th/ FEBRUARY 2017.




















We were up very early this morning, before the sun was out, after a quick freshen up we set off on our travels across to the ‘ Costa Del Sol’ Hospital’ past Marbella along the coast road as the sun came up over a sparkling Mediterranean, my appointment in the X-Ray department was at 10-00am. I was called in on time.

When I reported at the main desk I was given a long consent form to fill in, I then discovered that I was in fact going in for a ‘MRI’ scan! After ticking all the boxes, I then gave Brenda my glasses, wallet, cash, she also took out my Ear Ring! I was then taken in and assessed by the Consultant, weighed & height measured, next I was taken to the robing room before another Doctor inserted a drip attachment into me arm, a very friendly nurse then showed me along to the main scanner room, it’s a new multi-million pound ‘state of the art’ ‘MRI’ scanner.

She then sets up the plinth for you to lie on, its fitted around you to your height and weight, the drips are connected and you are given an emergency button, just in case, she then tells you what to expect, there are lots of bleeps, electric sounds, a little heat & vibration, fresh air is also sent through the tube, she puts ear protectors on you and finally tells you that it takes 30/35mins, then it’s lift off! There is just centimetres to spare as you go inside the tube, after it’s finished they talk to you as they assess your condition before getting you off the plinth, meanwhile Brenda was sat waiting for me, it in all took nearly an hour, very impressive & rather exciting, the ‘ Spanish’ medical system at its best.

We then called into ‘La CaƱada’ for a coffee and then some essential shopping, a new pair of fleece/trousers & socks for me, then from the ‘Hypermarket ‘ new glasses and crockery as well as two small stainless steel ‘ Frit’ baskets! Watch this space!! ( See below ) 






We then decided to treat ourselves to lunch and stopped at our favourite restaurant ‘Kokomo’ – Brenda had a very succulent ‘ Grilled  Darn of Salmon’ resting on Asparagus Spears coated in a sweet Chilli dressing, I had a ‘Char-Grilled Sirloin Steak’ coated with a creamy soft Peppercorn sauce with, you’ve guessed, crisp ‘Frits’ – both only 8 Euros! Avery good glass of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc helped!!

Today is very mild & sunny, there is no breeze, the sky started clear but by the time we were on our way back it was starting to cloud over, it’s still warm in the sunshine, tomorrow its going a little cooler, the damp stuff is due to arrive and then over the weekend the ‘Atlantic’ front hits us with heavy rain & winds, the start of next week is not looking too good at the moment also, watch this space.

After this evenings supper we will be settling down to watch the final episode of the ‘ Unforgotten’ on ITV; which of the four main suspects is the killer, it could be more than one?! Are there more bodies?! Why was it missed, was there a cover up?! All will be revealed, watch this space.
















Thoughts for the Day; See above.




..

No comments: