Friday, February 03, 2017

A GREY & OVERCAST, AT THE MOMENT, SUNNY MANILVA ON FRIDAY AT THE START OF THE WEEKEND;

FRIDAY 3rd/ FEBRUARY 2017.























I was up early this morning and set off on my travels down to Sabinillas for the weekly shopping; Brenda, back at the house, saw ‘ Reina’ back with us for the day, I was first in at ‘ Mercadona’ for our main shop, I then collected the local newspapers from the ‘ English Bookshop’ before going along to the far end of the promenade to the local market for the fresh flowers and wall plants, I stopped at the garage to wash the car before popping into ‘ Super Sol’ for the ‘English’ essentials, as I arrived back ‘ Chispa’ was in the street outside our house to welcome me back! After our breakfast of ‘Smoked Bacon Butties’ with mugs of steaming tea we got the rest of the day on the go.

This morning has started grey & overcast with black clouds on the horizon, overnight we were hit by a heavy rain storm, the forecast for today is dry & settled, hovering later on the 19degs mark, over the weekend it’s still looking unsettled with some rain forecast, at the start of next week it’s back to normal for the time of the year, warm & sunny, watch this space.

For our supper this evening we are keeping it simple ‘ Grilled Filets of Hake a la Meuniere ‘ ( Parsley Butter ) with Baby New Potatoes & finely sliced Green Beans; on Saturday evening it’s Grilled Entrecote Steak ‘ – French’ style with all the trimmings and then on Sunday I’m making my famous ‘ Smoked Chicken & Three Green Bean Risotto ‘

Just a quick update on the old Pier over in Colwyn Bay after last night’s ‘ Storm Doris’ hit it, no more damage but it’s still looking rather ‘ under the weather’! See below;







Today’s bit of Liverpool nostalgia comes from when I was growing up in Orrell Park, it shows below ‘ Orrell Park Station’ where I would go with my Dad into Liverpool’s Exchange Station’ on the electric railway, it ran to Ormskirk and Southport ( change at Sandhills) – we then went to see the wrestling on a Friday night at the Liverpool ‘Stadium’ next to the station. I used the railway all the time to go to my Uncles in Ormskirk and to the beach at Formby, the old small ‘Single Box ‘ in the picture was opposite my Grandfathers allotment on the right! Happy days and Happy memories. Next time ‘ Train Spotting & Plane Spotting!!














Last night after supper we settled down to watch the next exciting episode of the ‘ Unforgotten’ on ITV; the detectives tightened the screws on the four main suspects as their lies unravel further, will there be more bodies found! Brace yourselves! Three of them have alibi’s, one was in Ireland, one in Italy and one in Hospital when the murder took place?! Next week is the final episode, watch this space when all will be revealed!















Thoughts for the Day; See above.




..

No comments: