Monday, September 22, 2014

A WARM AND SUNNY MANILVA AND MARBELLA ON MONDAY AT THE START OF A 'HELLUVA' WEEK !

MONDAY 22nd/SEPTEMBER 2014.



Up before the street lights went off this morning and had a quick shower/shave as Brenda was getting ready; I had forgot that I had an appointment at the surgery for my blood test so we missed breakfast and shot around to the surgery were the nurse very kindly fitted me straight away! So on the way out at of the village we called into ‘Bar Las Vinas’for coffee & tostado.

No sign of any of the wet stuff that was threatened, in fact it’s rather hot and sunny with just a little breeze which makes it very pleasant.

We then shot across to Marbella to go to the shopping mall “La Canada” First we called into the large perfumery shop “Douglas” and opened an account to get the 10% discount! Brenda has her wedding anniversary present ‘Coco Chanel Body Lotion’ and for my birthday I’ve got some rather expensive ‘Bleu de Chanel’ after shave!

Next it was good old “ C & A ” were I found three nice shirts, watch out for the Red Checked one, and some boxer shorts as Brenda found some ‘working’ lingerie and a pair of light weight trousers; then we hit “ M & S ” and I treated myself to a pair of Maroon Corduroy( soft touch) trousers from the new'Blue Harbour' range that had just arrived in and Brenda treated me to a very nice light matching Burgundy jumper from the same range – thanks!!

It was then time to come back to Puerto Banus and go to ‘La Sala’ for a lunch; see the pictures above. Brenda had a nice large glass of the house White Rioja and I had my usual ‘Cuba Libre’ as we sat outside and took in the sights and sounds; Brenda choose ‘Seared Scallops with Foie Gras’( Kelvin!) on a bed of mixed Lettuce and I had another old classic, a ‘Club Sandwich’(Jane!) with a basket of French Fries!!

It was then time to head back to the hills and sunny Manilva where we have just had a ‘fashion parade’ trying on all the new stuff!

Thoughts for the Day; See above.

..





                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: