Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A VERY HOT AND SUNNY MANILVA ON WEDNESDAY;

WEDNESDAY 10th/ SEPTEMBER 2014.



I shot off to the surgery this morning, first thing before breakfast for my appointment for an update/check up/consultation with Emilio, the village Doctor and Deputy Mayor as our Doctor was on holiday; I’ve arranged for a routine blood test ready for my six month ‘Prostrate’ check up next month, he’s prescribed an ointment for a light eye infection and changed another prescription, finally he gave Brenda’s papers the once over for her ‘Heart Consultation’ appointment over at the hospital in the next couple of weeks( 3 month review!)

Meanwhile back at the house Brenda was on doggy sitting duties with ‘Scruffy’ after his first nights sleep over; ‘Chispa’ had also come calling so when I got back I had a ‘Helluva’ welcome from them both, and Brenda!

On the way back I called into the chemists to pick up the ointment and found out that it’s not on the prescribed list so it cost a lot more than normal! Next I went down to our butchers and found out that he is closed for the week, on holiday. so I came back up to the lady butcher and she was closed, also on holiday!! So I then set off to find the only other butchers at the top of the village by the junior school – when I got back to the house I was like a wet rag as its very hot today in sunny Manilva!

After a late breakfast I made tonight’s supper “Chicken, Mushroom & Tarragon Casserole” which is why I was out looking for Chicken Breasts! I make it with diced Onions, Garlic, Leeks, Celery, Carrots, Red, Green & Yellow Peppers and Smoked Bacon – all sweated off, seasoned and a good slug on White wine added before browning off the diced Chicken in seasoned flour and adding the Chicken to the pot with a good strong Chicken & Vegetable stock – the secret ingredients and lots of Tarragon to taste! From the vegetable chef we are having Saffron New Potatoes and Garden Peas mixed with Baby Carrots.

This afternoon the ‘Vuelta’ is back with stage 17 from ‘Ortigueina’ to A Coruna’ along the northern west Atlantic coast.  

After supper we will settle down to find something to watch on the TV, last night it was the start of a new young children’s entertainment show which is lovely to watch until the judges have to eliminate one of them and the tears start to flow!! Later I caught on TVE2 a live concert from the ‘Jazz San Javier’ festival featuring the golden oldie funk band “ The Family Stone ” but with no ‘Sly?!’ as he’s been a recluse for over twenty years!! All the original band members are still playing but look a little older to say the least! ‘Funk’ is back!!


Thoughts for the Day; See above.

..



                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: