Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A STILL DAMP & OVERCAST SUNNY MANILVA ON TUESDAY;

TUESDAY 10th / MAY 2016.
















I was up early again this morning and after seeing ‘ Reina’ back with us for a day I had a quick freshen up and shot out on my travels, I shot down to the studio in ‘ Castillo de la Duquesa’ to pass in my playlist for this week show on ‘ Castle Radio FM 89.2 & Online on the WWW’ I then came back to Sabinillas and called into our bank for some cash, I went down to Brenda’s hairdresser’s and arranged an appointment for first thing tomorrow morning for the ‘ full works’- while I was there I had a quick trim of my ‘ Goatee’





On the way back I stopped at the garage and topped up the petrol and checked the oil & water as well as the air in the tyres. I finally called into the ‘ Manilva Green Aparthotel’ to check and confirm the bookings for the folks who are arriving in June for ten days. See the pictures below of the village showing the fly-over on the ( new/old ) by-pass, the other pictures show two of the roundabouts last night with the new signs.











When I got back to the house ‘ Chispa’ as usual was waiting to welcome me back, I took the rubbish up to the underground waste bins and shot along to the Chemists in ‘Calle Mar’ for all our prescriptions, on the way back I called into our local shop at the bottom of our street for some fresh vegetables etc.

Overnight the heavy rain returned but this morning I managed to miss the light showers as I was out & about, the forecast is for more of the same tomorrow before it picks up on Thursday and Friday when Tim & Thea are due to arrive at the site just past Sabinillas. We are having a good catch up with them on Thursday and on Friday lunchtime ‘ I’ve booked a table at one of our favourite restaurants. Watch this space.

For this evening supper we are having ‘ Grilled Chicken Wings’- just plain and simple, tomorrow night its going to ‘ Grilled Gammon Steaks’ with all the trimmings including some nice fresh Broad Beans and of course twice-cooked ‘ Frits’ Its ‘ BBQ ‘ time on Thursday with Tim & Thea ( weather permitting !)

Last night after supper we caught a nice programme on BBC 2 “ Choose The Right Puppy “ presented by Kate Humble, its about five very different families finding a suitable dog, they are guided by an ‘ Dog Behaviourist’ to find the perfect puppy for them. Its very interesting and informative, at the same time, it showed you lots of facts about all the different breeds.









Thoughts for the Day; See above.


..















No comments: