Friday, May 06, 2016

A OVERCAST & GREY BUT DRY SUNNY MANILVA ON FRIDAY AT THE START OF THE WEEKEND,

FRIDAY 6th / MAY 2016.
















I was up early again this morning and after seeing ‘ Reina’ back with us for the day I shot off on my travels down to Sabinillas for the weekly shopping; Brenda had a little lie in and then showered and sorted things out for the day ahead. I called into our bank for some cash and stopped at the English Bookshop for the local newspapers and two birthday cards, watch out it could be you?! I did our main shop in ‘ ‘Mercadona’ – only one mistake, I left behind some fresh fruit & vegetables that I had weighed and bagged, I then picked up some fresh flowers from the local market on the promenade before finally calling into ‘ Super Sol’ for the fresh sliced English toasting Bread.

Overnight the forecast ‘Atlantic’ storm hit us, when it rains in Spain, it ‘RAINS’! This morning its overcast but dry, I managed to miss any of the wet stuff as I was out shopping, its due to get heavier later, tomorrow its overcast and  possible dry but the wet stuff is back with us on Sunday & Monday, very unseasonal for the time of the year?!See the pictures below of Liverpool this morning with the tourist bus in front of the ' Three Sisters' and the famous ' Great Orme Tramway' in Llandudno.









When I came back up to the house ‘ Chispa’ was waiting outside and has been playing around as we unpacked, I popped down to our local shop and then the vegetables & fruit shop to catch up with what I left behind! 

This evenings supper, my famous “ Seafood Risotto “ is all out and defrosting, my ‘ Mis-en-Place’ is ready, I make it, to order, this evening, it takes 20/25 mins to cook, softened finely chopped Onions, my secret ingredients, the finest ‘Valencia’ Risotto Rice, a large slug of a good White Wine ( thanks Brenda!) – then the warm ( most important!) Fish & Vegetable Stock is added slowly, the diced Cod, Hake, Salmon, assorted Prawns, Mussels etc are then gently simmered in the ‘Risotto’ before adding some Garden Peas and checking the seasoning, lastly the Parmesan Cheese & a dash of Double Cream are mixed in, finally I garnish the top of the Risotto with Asparagus Spears and large peeled/cooked ‘Gambas’!!  See below my ' Mis-En-Place' and then the ' Risotto'








To start we are having some assorted ‘ Tapas’ and for the dessert its local strawberries with chilled ‘Galia’ Melon slices, Lillimor is joining us as she is due to go back to Sweden shortly.




Don’t forget to tune in and listen to my show tomorrow morning at 11-00am – 1-00pm  ‘Sir’ Malcolm’s Classic Saturday Session’ on ‘ Castle Radio FM 89.2 & On-Line on the WWW’ coming to you live from the main studio’s in ‘Castillo de la Duquesa’ and soon from ‘Studio 4’ ( my office!) here in the heart of sunny Manilva. The new ‘Group’ offices are now open in Puerto de la Duquesa.





Yesterday afternoon we watched the Horse racing from Chester on ‘ Ladies day’ then after supper I managed to get some excellent coverage on ‘ First Row Sports’  of the ‘Europa League’ second leg semi-final as Liverpool welcomed Villarreal, it was the ‘Fox Sports Channel ‘ from the USA, the ‘ American’ accents, especially of the Spanish teams names is rather interesting, Liverpool played brilliantly, the best that I’ve seen them under ‘ Klopp’s’ new regime, they attacked with speed & fast passing, scored three good goals and won 3-1 on aggregate, the Anfield crowd were in fine voice as they sang the classic ‘ You Never Walk Alone’!! They meet Sevilla in the final in Basel later in the month!!



















Thoughts for the Day; See above.

..


No comments: