Monday, December 18, 2017

A STILL VERY COLD & ' CRISP' SUNNY MANILVA ON MONDAY AT THE START OF THE FESTIVE WEEK !!

MONDAY 18th/ DECEMBER 2017.






























                                                                          "  WELCOME BACK TO ALL " !!





We started the week with a nice long lie in this morning as the village is very quiet, ‘Reina’ has been with us for a sleep-over from Saturday, she sleeps all night in her duvet and you have to awaken her in the morning, she’s here today & tomorrow and then back on ‘Xmas Eve’ ‘Chispa’ has been in & out already and is out & about as usual all the time, ‘Chico’ is back with us on Thursday for a couple of nights and then on Friday ‘ Charlie’ is back for his normal weeks holiday over the ‘Xmas’ period.








We have more bookings over the Xmas period with ‘Reina’ and then at the start of January 2018 ‘ Chico’ is back with us and also ‘ Bo’ the very large and friendly Alsatian who we had with us over the weekend, on a surprise, last minute sleep-over!

We had our regular breakfast of just toast & tea a with some fresh fruit ( Bananas) before sorting out the week ahead, we have no appointments but I will be ringing the hospital to re-arrange the two appointments that we missed last week, when the car didn’t arrive back in time, to go across to the hospital on Wednesday morning, watch this space.

The car is running fine but there is a little difficulty with selecting 2nd gear, I’ve been to the garage this morning and I’m taking it back at 5-00pm this evening to be sorted, watch this space.

PS; Pedro Snr was waiting for me and he's fixed the problem !!

I’m going out on my travels on Saturday morning down to Sabinillas, for the weekly shopping, I will pick up the fresh Turkey from the ‘English Butchers’ in Puerto de la Duquesa’ at the same time, I’ve also ordered a ‘Loin of Pork’ with the skin left on for ‘ Crackling’ – which we have decided to have on ‘Boxing Day’ instead of our usual ‘ Entrecote of Beef on the Rib ’ which we are now going to have on ‘New Years Day’ for our first ‘ Roast’ of 2018!

The menu’s for the week ahead are starting to take shape, this evening for our supper we are having ‘Pan-Seared Medallions of Pork Fillet’ accompanied with a Creamy ‘Green Pepper Corn Salsa’ with finely sliced Green Beans and ‘Rissole’ Potatoes, cooked baby New Potatoes tossed in foaming butter until golden brown on all sides. Tomorrow I’m making my famous “ Chicken & Mushroom ‘Tarragon’ Casserole “ with individual Puff-Pastry lids!








On Wednesday we are going down in the early evening to the church as it’s the ‘ Xmas Carol Concert ‘ – so we will have a light supper later, after we return, Thursday is find something in the fridge night and on Friday we will be having a proper ‘Fish n’Chip ‘ supper, Saturday will be our usual ‘ Steak Night’ and then on ‘ Xmas Eve’ we will have something different as we have our traditional ‘Roast Turkey’ with all the trimmings on ‘Christmas Day’ followed by the ‘Roast Loin of Pork with Crackling’ on Boxing Day!

One of the results of me being indisposed last week it that I lost over 2 kilos, as from Monday I didn’t eat anything and only drunk a low energy drink! I was ‘knocked–over’ by the bug and spent most of the time in bed, I had no energy and ached from head to foot, I also had severe ‘ Toilet’ problems!!  The ‘ Nurse’ was an angel and looked after me and made me take my tablets and drink as much as I could! I was very still  very ‘weak’ on Wednesday when we tried to go to the hospital and then on Saturday morning when I went down to Sabinillas on my travels for the weekly shopping I ‘knackered ‘ myself again! I now feel a lot better and my appetite has returned, watch this space!!

While I’ve been ‘ off-colour’ I’ve spent the evenings on the settee wrapped in a blanket so we kept up with all the series that we are following, It’s the final episodes of the “ Peaky Blinders & Love, Lives & Records’ this week, as well as all the football etc.


See below one of the very first publicity pictures taken of ‘The Beatles’ as I remember them with Pete Best still on the drums! 








On the weather front last week we had one very wet day but mainly it was very cold crisp & sunny, this week has started the same, the sun is out and the sky is clear, it’s hovering on the 15/17degs, 8/9 degs mark during the night, so we are putting on the Oil Heaters in the main lounge & bedroom, the rest of the week and over the weekend, as the Christmas celebrations, start is staying the same.

On Saturday when ‘ Charlie’ was picked up By Brian & Jan, we sat outside ‘Bar Rojas’ in the very warm sunshine for a nice cool drink as we celebrated with them, they had just got married on Friday morning over in Gibraltar, they have been together for over 30 years and finally decided to tie the knot!!  Next week is also looking dry and settled on the forecast, watch this space.


Over in Everett, Ontario Canada the snow has finally arrived as you can see in the picture below of Sandra & Bills house, it’s set to be a  'White Christmas ‘ for them!!




















Thoughts for the Day;  See above.





..

No comments: