Sunday, September 20, 2015

A OVERCAST START AGAIN IN A WARM SUNNY MANILVA ON SUNDAY;

SUNDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER 2015.








We just got up this morning in our own time and a after a quick breakfast we got this evenings 'Roast' on the go, our first for six months; we have treated ourselves to a 'New Zealand Leg of Lamb' ( Iceland) which I studded with Garlic & Rosemary before it went in the oven. The Vegetable Chef is getting ready a fine selection of Cauliflower Florets in a 'Three Cheese' Sauce, local whole Baby Green Beans & Carrot Batons and Garden Peas ( for me!) See the vegetables & potatoes below and the 'finger licking' gravy at the back!




I have just made a dish of my famous 'Boulangere' Potatoes, I used for the first time, to slice the very thin potatoes for the top, my new Madoline' attachment to the 'Schaler Peeler' that Josie bought me for my birthday! For the med & thick/layers I hand cut them! I've also used 'Red & White Onion' slices for a change. After the Lamb comes out of the oven ( see below ) I will make my now famous 'Finger Licking' Pan Gravy




We have just had a phone call from Rose to ask if we could have 'Scruffy' for a sleep over this evening and all day tomorrow, no problem as its always nice to see him, we bumped into Rose on Friday while out shopping and we said that we were only taking guests in 'Doggy World Heaven' on Monday & Tuesday, 'Reina' is here on both days, to keep the rest of the week free for my birthday celebrations! Thursday the 24th of September if you had not noticed!!

By lunchtime the sun was out, the sky was blue and there was no breeze so it was hot in sunny Manilva; after showering we went for a short walks and a cool drink, we stopped at ' Bar Rojas' as they had 'Paella' on today for the first time since Lumy finished, I had the 'Pealla' and Brenda tried some different Tapas - all very nice and we are of course are on the locals price for food & drinks!

First thing tomorrow morning I have a appointment at the surgery with the Nurse for my Blood tests etc.then the rest of the week is 'Celebration Time' !! The hire car is being dropped off at 11-00 am. They have just rung to say that they will drop it of later this afternoon - result!

Some results from yesterday; Everton could only draw 0-0 at Swansea, and Manchester City lost at home to West Ham 1-2! & Real Madrid just managed to beat Granada 1-0.

Last night after supper I found a good film to watch "The Butler" from 2013 with Forest Whitaker in the main title role playing 'Eugene Allen who was a butler at the White House for over 34 years and saw in him time 4/5 Presidents ending up with Barack Obama! The 'Ensamble' cast; Robin Willaims,John Cusak, Alan Rickman, Lenny Kravitz, Cuba Gooding Jr. James Marsden, Liev Schreiber, Jane Fonda, Minka Kelly and as his wife Oprah Winfrey!! Don't miss it!!


Finally just a little reminder;







Thoughts for the Day; See above.



..



No comments: