Tuesday, June 18, 2019

A VERY WARM & SUNNY MANILVA ON MONDAY AT THE START OF A ' HELLUVA ' WEEK.


MONDAY 17th/JUNE 2019.




“ ESTEPONA HOSPITAL, SABINILLAS MEDICAL CENTRE & COSTA DEL SOL HOSPITAL “
















I/we  had a ‘ HELLUVA’ Day ! I was up very early and after a quick freshen up I shot off down to Sabinillas to the main ‘ Medical Centre’ to make appointments for Brenda & me with our Doctor, Natalia, I managed to get them later in the morning at 12-noon, so I then carried on to the ‘Estepona Hospital’ for my first appointment of the week at the ‘Physiotherapy Department’ with Encarni, the Head Physio’ for more extensive treatment on my left-hand, after parking I had a quick tostado & tea in ‘Tikitapi’ before crossing to the Hospital.

I then shot back up to the village to pick up Brenda and go back down to the main ‘ Medical Centre’ – she went in first for her update/review, Natalia went through all her documents and was not happy with the time it’s taking for Brenda’s appointment with the ‘Heart Consultant’ –so tomorrow morning Brenda is going back down to get a letter translated  & written to go to the Hospital, at the same time she is starting the system to get an appointment at the’ Costa Sol Hospital ‘ at the ‘Dermatology Department’ for review/check up on her medication for her ‘Skin’ problems.

I then went in for my appointment with Natalia, she updated all my prescriptions etc, reviewed my ‘Prostate Report’ and checked me out, I showed her my right leg which I have been treating with a cream as I have a nasty rash/spot infection again, I had the same a couple of years ago, she immediately said that I had a serious problem and needed to go to the ‘ Costa Del Sol Hospital ‘ for emergency treatment, my leg had swollen over night and she suspected either a blood/skin infection or a ‘ Thrombosis’!!

I shot back up to the village and dropped Brenda off, then carried onto the ‘ Costa Del Hospital ‘ at great speed, to the ‘Emergency/Accident Department’ – I was checked in and called into the ‘ Triage’ Doctor, straight  away, to be assessed, I then had a shorter wait, then normal, only two hours before seeing the Doctor, she then sent me for blood tests in the ‘ Enfermeria’ – which came back quicker, as I was higher on the list for the result, I was called back in to see the Doctor, she immediately said the it was ‘Not’ Thrombosis!! – its “ Cellulitis “ – a bacterial infection, involving the inner layers of the skin, she gave me the prescriptions for a seven day course of ‘Antibiotics ‘ and a ‘ Septic Yellow Wash’ – which I picked up from our ‘Chemist’ back in the village, on my way home.

I was at the Hospital for only four and half hours, a record, as it usually takes twice as long, due to the pressures on the Department, which will be a lot better when the new ‘ Estepona Hospital’ opens later this year!


 I’m calling in to see our Doctor, tomorrow morning, before she starts her surgery, as she wants to see my results and check me out, I will then carry on for my appointment, as usual at the ‘Physiotherapy Department’




A ‘ Stiff’ drink was called for, before starting the seven day course of ‘Antibiotics’ – later !!







….

No comments: