Friday, June 28, 2019

A VERY HOT & HUMID SUNNY MANILVA ON FRIDAY AT THE START OF THE WEEKEND.


FRIDAY 28th/ JUNE 2019.

































I was up very early, again, this morning, for the last time this week, and after a quick freshen up I shot off on my travels ( short this week!) down to Sabinillas for the weekly shopping, firstly calling into the main ‘ Medical Centre’ for my blood tests etc, I then had my usual toast & tea in ‘ ItZabar’ before a very busy ‘ Mercadona’ opened,  it was then time to come back up the hill to unload back at the house.

I forgot to collect the local newspapers from the ‘ English Bookshop’ as I was not on my best ‘ Form’ this morning, in fact I was off-colour and felt ‘Lousy’ to say the least! It was time to lie down in a dark room, on the bed, with the fan on, for a little ‘Siesta’!


As I shot down through the very green vine fields, the sun was blinding, above the Mediterranean, the sky was cloudless & blue, there is a very light breeze, keeping it just on the pleasant side for now, but still very hot & humid, at the same time, by lunchtime it’s due to reach 28 degs+ - over the weekend going hotter, by Sunday 31 degs+ - next week we are in for a very ‘ Hot-One’ – hovering in the low 30s, overnight down to 18/19 degs, with a few patchy clouds at times, but still very close and humid, it’s ‘Fan Time’ – with lots of cold drinks, watch this space.





















The spectacular pictures below shows the ‘Princess Dock’ in Liverpool, yesterday evening, looking at it’s best.




















Yesterday morning, before my latest adventure kicked-off, I was listening, for the first time in a long while to the ‘ Andrew Charles Breakfast Show’ on “ Castle Radio FM 89.2 & Online on the WWW” as the ‘ Music Quiz’ came on, it was a 1 second ‘ flash’ – I got it straight away, it was ‘ Acker Bilk ‘ on his clarinet,  with ‘Stranger On The Shore ‘ from 1961, it was written for his young daughter Jenny!














On the menu front we are still taking it one day at the time, Brenda is on the ‘ Chefs’ rota, for now, as I’m struggling to work myself up to cooking & eating, I must be ‘Off Colour ‘ if I’m not hungry !
















We are both taking it very easy, over the weekend, keeping cool, drinking lots of cold water, relaxing and staying inside in the shade, with all the fans on, Brenda is also not on top of her form, with some aches & pains, at the same time, we are like two old codgers/ pensioners, “ Darby & Joan “ – but still rocking!!























Thoughts for the Day;  See above.





...






No comments: