Tuesday, December 04, 2018

A VERY WARM & SUNNY MANILVA ON TUESDAY.


TUESDAY 4th/ DECEMBER 2018.






























We managed a little lie in this morning, ‘ Scoobie’ slept all night on the duvet, we then freshened up and while I was shaving Brenda took ‘ Scoobie’ out for his first walk of the day, we then had our usual fresh fruit, toast & tea, before getting the day on the go, Brenda was catching up with all the chores around the house as I set off on my travels across  to the ‘Costa Del Sol Hospital’ past Marbella, for my appointment with the ' Rrostate Consultant'










I arrived early and was taken in straight away, I was back out in two minutes, all was OK, all my readings were normal, all my levels fine etc, so I have a six-month return appointment – a “ GOOD RESULT DAY “ !



As I was putting the car away in the underground car park the staff in the ‘Wine Bodega’ – below the ‘ Wine Museum’ were celebrating and asked me to join them, I then had large glasses of the latest ‘White Wine, Rose Wine & a special Dessert Wine’ – which they asked for my opinion/knowledge on, as I reached the house Brenda was cleaning the extraction hoods over the cooker, so was not impressed that she had missed out, so I took her up to ‘ Bar Rojas’ for a nice cool drink, sat outside in the hot sunshine, as we had some light Tapas, later some local friends came along and joined us.

As I was walking back up past the ‘ Plaza de la Vendimia’ the ‘Council Workmen’ were erecting the ‘ Marquee Village ‘ – outside the Town Hall the tiler’s have nearly finished the new Marble lower wall.


We have the most beautiful day, again, back down here on the ‘ Costa Del Sol’ – the sky is bright blue with not a cloud in sight, there is no breeze so by lunchtime it due to reach 19/20 degs+ -back up to over 14/15 degs during the night, as I was going along the coast road the Mediterranean was sparkling and calm, over the next few day and the weekend we are in for more of the same, good news for the ” Gastronomic Food & Wine Festival “ over the weekend, by then hovering in the low 20s, even reaching 24 degs+ at times, next week is staring the same but by Wednesday, sadly, it’s changing, going a lot cooler and wet! Just in time for our trip across to Malaga on Thursday to see the Xmas Lights!!  Watch this space.














For our supper this evening we are having ‘ Pan-Seared Lambs Liver ‘ – dusted in seasoned flour and garnished with seared Button Mushrooms & Tomatoes, with ‘ Grilled Pork Sausages ‘ and accompanied with a ‘Red Wine & Onion ‘ salsa, served with whole ‘ French Green Beans, Carrot Batons and Parsley New Potatoes.




We are still catching up with all the ‘ Quiz Shows’ that we follow – “ Countdown, 15 to 1, Tipping Point, The Chase, Pointless, Egg Heads, Only Connect and University Challenge “ Watch this space.























Thoughts for the Day;  See above.







...

No comments: