Wednesday, October 01, 2014

A STILL WARM BUT OVERCAST SUNNY MANILVA ON WEDNESDAY;

WEDNESDAY 1 st/ OCTOBER 2014.



It was our last chance for a lie in this morning, this week, so we took advantage and stayed in bed for a bit longer than normal! After breakfast we first made our monthly phone call via our ‘Personal Services Manager’ to arrange a transfer from our bank in Colwyn Bay, it’s a good day to do it as the ‘Euro’ is at its highest for over two years this morning! Let’s hope it stays that way as on the next two Mondays the regular pension transfers happen!!

I then shot around to the surgery for my appointment with our Doctor to update my prescriptions; she has also arranged for a blood test next week to check out all my vitals, Colestrol.Diabetic Levels, Blood Pressure etc. Its still warm today, 28degs but as forecast a little overcast and cloudy for now.

When I got back to the house I then made the ‘Lancashire Hot Pot’ for tonight; my recipe/version is a little different as in the layers of finely sliced Potatoes & Onions I add sliced Baby Carrots,Leeks,Celery & Turnips – at the same time I also brown-off the Lamb so as to add taste to the dish. I also use a Chicken/Meat/Vegetable stock and season every level! It goes in the oven this evening; we are having Cabbage with Alselgas and lots of Pickled Beetroot! See the pictures below,




We are taking things easy this afternoon and will catch up with our reading before our regular ‘Happy Hour’ cocktails. After supper we will find something to watch, last night I followed the football in the ‘Champions League’ Brenda was left in ‘charge’ downstairs to follow the PSG v Barcelona game, Barcelona lost 3-2 and upstairs in the office I followed the Manchester City v Roma game 1-1 but City did not play well. Then the late film was “ Mission Impossible 111” from 2006 with of course Tom Cruise and the ‘Baddy’ this time played by the late and great Philip Seymour Hoffman.


Thoughts for the Day; See above.

..











                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: