Saturday, July 04, 2020

A NOW VERY HOT, CLEAR AND SUNNY MANILVA ON SATURDAY - AS WELL AS ' HORRIFIC FRIDAY'!


SATURDAY 4th/ JULY 2020.     “ NEW NORMALITY – DAY 13 “































“ INDEPENDENCE DAY – USA “























NB; “ HORRIFIC FRIDAY “ – SEE BELOW.













A nice lie was called for this morning after yesterdays ‘ happenings’ – as you will read about below; the sound of the gas-bottle delivery man, blowing his horn outside our front door, started our day, after freshening up, as usual, on a Saturday morning, Brenda was on the breakfast rota, so I had her perfect ‘ Campo’ Poached Eggs on Toast, Scrambled for herself, with mugs of hot/strong tea to get us back into the world of the living!




Overnight it was very ‘ clammy’ and this morning it’s at the moment overcast & ‘close’ – with still grey clouds and a light breeze, with no sign of a blue sky at the moment, the sun is now out and it’s cleared, so by lunchtime it’s due to only reach 26/27 degs+ - overnight down to 21 degs still, tomorrow is looking the same, next week is now going to be very hot & sunny, with lots of sunshine, but only hovering in the high 20s – cool for the start of July, the following is going to be a ‘ Hot-One’ – back into the low 30s, normal for the time of the year, watch this space.
















 ‘ HORRIFC FRIDAY 3rd/JULY 2020.  “ NEW NORMALITY – DAY 12 “
















The day started as normal except overnight my right ankle was swollen and the blood/virus infection had returned, along with burst blisters and red skin, so I made the decision to go across to the ‘ Emergency Dept’ of the “ Costa Del Sol Hospital “  past Marbella ‘ masked/gloved up’- at 10-30 am, as the last time it happened the ‘ Consultant Dermatologist’ said the I should return ASAP and make contact!

I was signed in and saw the ‘Consultant’ in the ‘ Triage’ straight away, then very soon was called into to see the  ‘ Assessment Doctor, who immediately called the ‘ Consultant Dermatologist’ – which happed to be the same one, I was taken through the underground corridors/check doors, to the other side of the Hospital,  and booked into the ‘ Dermatology Dept’


This is where things went very wrong and my ‘ Horrific’ day started, as I sat down I did not feel my wallet in my back pocket, I had gone to the toilet before I left the ‘Emergency Dept’ – and realised straight away that It had dropped out of my back pocket, which I had not buttoned! With much difficulty & shouting I managed to make my way back to the ‘ Emergency Dept’- as I walked in, the receptionist asked me ‘Malcolm Lawrence’?! – I said ‘ Yes’ and was very relieved to be given back my wallet, that had been ‘ handed’ back in!  


This is where it went from bad to worse, as I checked the wallet, all my cards etc were still in it, but all the cash had been ‘ taken’!! I had been to the cash machine the night before and had 100 Euros in it! ‘ **** ‘  


I was then taken back to the ‘ Dermatology Dept’ as the nurse was looking for me, thinking that something had happened to me and I was ‘ missing’! After explaining the ‘ story’ I was then taken in to see the ‘ Consultant’ who gave me a very good check-over, after taking time for me to settle down and relax! I had not had the chance to get some cold water and every time Brenda called I was in a ‘ Mini-Crisis’!  


She confirmed that it was the same as last time and is caused by the swelling and blood pressure, issued the results and prescribed the same anti-biotic ointment again, I now have to take the results back to our Doctor, to be re-viewed and my prescription tablets adjusted, as this was happening the ‘Consultant’ noticed that all my contact phone numbers were not correct, so had to go to the main reception to make sure that they were updated, I had called the ‘Hospital’ after Xmas and gave them all the new numbers, they have called us since then, so something had gone wrong in the system!


Another ‘ problem’ then hit me, the queue for the desk – spaced out at 2 mtrs, stretched outside, in the very hot un-shaded  sunshine on the hottest day of the year so far! By the time I made it back to the car, in the underground car park, where I was parked on the far-side, a long way away, I was nearly out on my feet, with no money to pay to get out! My first and only bit of luck was that the car park was still ‘ Free’! One small ‘ RESULT’




When I got home, at 2-30 pm, I first needed a long glass of very cold water to get me back into the ‘land of the living’! I then told my ‘ Horrific Story’ to Brenda, who had been back at the house wondering what the ‘ ****’ had been going on! 



So that’s it for today, the ‘Blog’ will be back to normal tomorrow, watch this space.












“ STAY SAFE & WELL INSIDE AT ALL TIMES – IN SELF LOCKDOWN HERE “


























Thoughts for the Day;  See above:








...

No comments: