Friday, March 01, 2019

A ' FRESH' & SUNNY MANILVA ON FRIDAY AT THE START OF THE WEEKEND.


FRIDAY 1st / MARCH 2019.    “ ST DAVID’S DAY “



































I was up early this morning and after a quick freshen up I shot off across to the Hospital in Estepona for my appointment with the main ‘Physiotherapists, Encarni & Irene,  for more treatment on my left-hand, I’m back next week for the five mornings, after finding a spot to park I had a quick tea & tostado, before going across to the Hospital.

I then shot back to Sabinillas, on my usual travels for the weekly shopping etc, I soon found out why I go down first thing in the morning, as there was no where to park, ‘ Mercadona’ was very busy with long queues at the check-outs, I then got stuck in a traffic jam and coudn’t get down to the local market at the far-end of the promenade, after finally picking up the fresh flowers & wall plants I called into ‘ Super Sol’ on my back up the hill, for our English essentials, after unloading back at the house I put the car away until Monday morning.


This morning the sun was out earlier but it was a little cloudy to start, there is a slight breeze and it’s now clearing, the sky is blue and by lunchtime it’s due to reach 20 degs+ - over the weekend it’s going to be more of the same, hovering on the 21/22 degs mark, next week is looking dry & settled, with patchy clouds but still lots of sunshine, as the next ‘ Atlantic’ front moves in, during the night time down to 10/11 degs, by next weekend we could reach 23 degs+! Watch this space.



See below a picture taken this morning, by Sandra, over in Everett, Ontario, Canada, after the storm had passed, ‘ Spring’ is just around the corner, the grass will be green and the beautiful trees in bud!













At lunchtime we went along to ' Bar Castillo' for a nice cool drink and some 'Tapas'



This evening for our supper we are having “ Deep-Fried Fillets of Hake in a ‘Cruzcampo’ Beer Batter “ with Mushy Green Peas & Homemade ‘Tartar’ sauce, served with lots of Lemon Wedges, not forgetting the twice-cooked ‘ Chips’ !










On Saturday evening it’s going to be ‘ Grilled Fillet Steaks ‘ with all the trimmings and then on Sunday, for our ‘ Roast of the Day’ we are having a ‘ Spanish Leg of Lamb ‘ –studded with Garlic & Rosemary, resting on a bed of my famous ‘ Boulangere ‘ Potatoes.











To all our friends, old customers and ex-staff, over in North Wales, we would like to wish them “ Happy St David’s Day – Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus “ from sunny Manilva.












This afternoon/evening we will be watching the Friday programmes that we follow, after catching up with all the news over here and in the UK.




























Thoughts for the Day;  See above.





....





No comments: