Friday, September 16, 2016

A WARM & VERY PLEASANT SUNNY MANILVA ON FRIDAY AT THE START OF THE WEEKEND;

FRIDAY 16th/ SEPTEMBER 2016.




















I was up first this morning and after a quick freshen up I shot out on my travels down to Sabinillas for the weekly shopping, ‘Mercadona’ first, for the main shop, then after picking up a birthday card and the local newspapers from the ‘English Bookshop’ I shot down to ‘Puerto Duquesa’ to call into the English Butchers, where I got the ‘English’ essentials at the same time, I bought for the deep freeze ‘ Homemade Pork Sausages, Smoked Back Bacon, Pork Chops, Gammon Steaks’ as well as ‘ Duck Fat’ for the roasting!

While I was there I took the opportunity to call into the ‘ Castle Radio FM 89.2 & Online on the WWW’ new studio complex which is just below, Sid Olivera, the station manager, was in the studio ‘ Live’ with his breakfast show and asked me in to talk, I offered my services as a ‘Standby’ presenter as well as suggesting a regular ‘ Food’ spot on one of the shows, he’s also chasing up the installation of the broadcasting system on my computer system here in my office/studio, watch this space!







Yesterday ended up very pleasant as the sun broke through and with just a little breeze made it comfortable for the first time in a few months, the nights are a lot cooler which also helps, today it’s another glorious day down here on the ‘ Costa Del Sol’ – the sun was out early and the Mediterranean is sparkling, the forecast for the weekend is that it’s getting a little hotter and next week is looking warm and settled.

For our supper this evening we are having ‘ Grilled Hake Fillets a la Meuniere’ –  for tomorrows supper I have bought two very nice ‘Fillet Steaks’- at the same time in ‘Mercadona’ I spotted some very nice ‘Lamb Steaks’ & a large ‘Entrecote Steak’ that have gone into the deep freeze for another day, on Sunday we are spoilt for choice, watch this space!

Last night’s ‘ Indian Take Away ’ was delivered on time to our house by a Indian waiter in his white shirt and black trousers! We had ‘ Onion Bhajee’s & Meat Samosa’s to start, Brenda had the ‘House Lamb Balti’ with Pulau Rice and I chose the ‘Prawn Curry’ with Fried Rice, it was all very well presented and marked, everything was spot on, the Lamb was tender and there was lots of Prawns in the curry, both of the rice dishes were correct and also there was accompanying dips and crisp ‘Tandoori Roti’ Bread! I rang and thanked them for the food and excellent service!

We then channel hopped and watched various programmes before ending up watching ‘ Question Time ‘ with David Dimbleby as political & media guests answer questions from the audience, two Labour ‘ Big Wigs’ nearly came to blows during and after one debate!


See below two pictures of the ' Floating Roadway' down to the Pier Head, Liverpool, one of them from 1895,  as a child a used to walk down it in the rough weather as it went up and down! Happy Days & memories.















PS; Don't forget, its just around the corner !!
















Thoughts for the Day; See above.





..

No comments: