Friday, September 02, 2016

A BREEZY, WARM & SUNNY MANILVA ON FRIDAY AT THE START OF THE ' VENDIMIA FESTIVAL' WEEKEND.

FRIDAY 2nd / SEPTEMBER 2016.


















I was up early this morning and after a quick freshen up I shot out on my travels for the weekly shopping; Brenda then saw ‘ Reina’ back with us for the day,’ Charlie’ is back with us for a two day sleep over on Saturday & Sunday, we are looking forward to seeing him as he’s such good company and a real character,  I called into the surgery, first, to change one of our appointments then carried on down to Sabinillas for the shopping.

I was the first person into ‘ Mercadona’ for our main shop, after collecting the weekly newspapers from the ‘English Bookshop’ I shot back up the hill through the vine fields to our house, via the back streets, as the Council workmen are everywhere getting ready for the ‘Vendimia Festival’ weekend, Calle Mar is already closed.







It’s a very pleasant day here in sunny Manilva, after another hot night, this morning there is a nice light breeze making it very comfortable, the weekend is going to get hotter and next week it’s more of the same.

When I got back I went down to our local Butcher’s to stock up, Chicken Wings & Calves Liver for another day and some of his excellent diced Beef, cut to order, as I‘m making tomorrow morning a large pan of my famous’ Beef & Vegetable Stew’ “ Scouse “ to use over the weekend;  this evening for our supper, when Lee is joining us, I’m making my now famous ‘ Seafood Risotto’ using Salmon, Cod, Hake, Mussels, Gambas & Prawns etc. on Saturday evening, later on, we are having a large Grilled ‘Entrecote Steak’ – French style- with all the trimmings!

The ' Vuelta d'Espana' Stage 13 is in the Pyrennes today, see the route maps below.








This afternoon I’m going down to ‘Puerto Duquesa’ for the launch party of the new ‘ Castle Radio FM 89.2 & Online on the WWW’ at the new studio complex, I will be lobbying for support and ‘ Glad Handing’ ‘ ( Creeping !) to get my live show back on air ‘ASAP’ – ‘Sir Malcolm’s Saturday Classic Session’ which I will produce & broadcast ‘ live’ from my ‘Studio 4’ here in sunny Manilva, fingers crossed & keep listening, watch this space!
















IT’S FIND THE ‘ MOFFATT’S ‘ WEEK OVER IN NORTH WALES;









IS IT TIM OR THEA OUT WALKING ' JASPER' ?!







Thoughts for the Day; See above.





..



No comments: