Tuesday, January 28, 2020

A WARM & SUNNY MANILVA ON TUESDAY.


TUESDAY 28th/ JANUARY 2020.



































I was up early, again, this morning to see little ‘ Miss Bella’ back with us for the day, she’s back tomorrow, she shot upstairs, as usual, and dived under the blankets for a little sleep in, with Brenda, I then carried on and freshened up, Brenda then followed me, before a quick breakfast of toast & tea.











I then went down to bus stop, outside the ‘Wine Museum’- to catch the local bus down to Sabinillas, as I was out on my travels, earlier this morning the ‘Contractors’ have started digging up the road ‘ Calle Alvarez Leiva’ – one week later than forecast, just in time as the new supermarket ‘ Suma’ is due to open tomorrow morning!























I first called into the ‘ Ammex’ office to drop off our repair/problems list, for the renewal of our yearly contact on the house, only to find that the office is closed and moved to Estepona! Next I walked down to the ‘Movistar’ office, as I dropped my mobile phone and needed a new ‘ Sim Card’ – which they sorted, just around the corner is the ‘ Jewellers’ shop, so I popped in with Brenda ‘s two watches, that needed new batteries, the lady was very helpful and sorted while I waited ( a quick tostada & tea in the cafe opposite!) I then jumped into a taxi back up to sunny Manilva.















We have a beautiful day down here on the ‘ Costa Del Sol’ – the sun broke through, first thing, and the clouds have cleared and the sky is bright blue, there is a very light breeze, so by lunchtime it’s due to reach 19 degs+ - with warm sunshine, overnight only dropping to 11 degs+  perfect for the time of the year, the rest of the week and over the weekend it’s staying the same, going a little warmer each day, up to 20 degs+ at times, next week is now also looking dry and settled, with lots of sunshine, just like this week, hovering in the high ‘ teens’ – the sun is back in sunny Manilva, watch this space.














On the menu front we have now agreed this week’s offerings; this evening we are having ‘ Chicken & Chips’ – ‘ Escalope’s of Chicken Breast’ pan-seared in foaming Lime Butter, with a dash of Balsamic Vinegar, with finely sliced ‘ French’ Green Beans and triple-cooked ‘ Chips’- tomorrow I’m making my famous ‘ Chicken & Mushroom Curry’ with Brenda’s famous Basmati Rice, on Thursday it’s going to be ‘ Omelettes of Choice’ – as usual on Friday it will be a ‘ Fish Supper’ and on Saturday our ‘ Steak Night’ – this coming Sunday we are having a ‘ Roast Loin of Pork’ with all the trimmings!

















This afternoon we will catch up with the latest episode of the award winning ‘ Cold Feet’ and then after supper it will be time to watch the exciting second episode of ‘ Silent Witness’



























Thoughts for the Day;  See above.




....


No comments: