Sunday, November 01, 2015

A WET & OVERCAST SUNNY MANILVA ON SUNDAY:

SUNDAY 1/st NOVEMBER 2015 !







We all had a nice lie in this morning as ‘Reina’ joined us during the night after starting in her duvet, during the night the wind got up and by this morning its grey & overcast with the rain just about to hit us, we are on ‘Orange Alert’ for the next 24 hours!

After breakfast of ‘Bacon Butties’ this morning I got this evenings supper on the go “ Lancashire Hotpot “ to my own recipe; I brown off the Spanish cutlets/chops and then build the layers up with sliced Onions/Shallots  & Potatoes, sliced on my small Mandoline that Josie gave me for my birthday, with the addition of sliced Carrots, Leeks, Celery, Turnips along with lots of seasoning including a Bay Leaf ( a Spanish influence !) It then goes in the oven this evening to cook when the aromas take over the house! We are having Baby Carrots & Garden Peas mixed ‘a la Flamande style’ and of course lots of local Pickled Red Beetroot!! See below;




Yesterday afternoon/ early evening we watched the final from Twickenham of the ‘Rugby Union World Cup’ as New Zealand retained the cup as they beat Australia 34-17 in style! Over in England Liverpool beat Chelsea 1-3 to put Mourinho under more pressure and Manchester City won 2-1 against Norwich, over here Barcelona beat Getafe 0-2 and Real Madrid won 3-1.

After our supper we then watched a very good historical drama/thriller on ‘Put Locker’ based on true life people and facts “ Bridge of Spies” from 2015 – directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks with Alan Alda, Mark Rylance and Amy Ryan; based back in the late 50s its a spy drama about the ‘U2’ SPY plane and the capture of Gary Powers by the Russians!

It looks like an at home day today so no Paella for lunch up at Bar Castillo; Brenda is shampooing her hair and showering then its my turn! It’s a tight fit for two!!

This evening we will settle down and channel hop to find something to watch.







                                                                                                                            " NEWSFLASH "


At lunchtime we were listening to the Sunday session on 'Castle Radio FM 89.2' with Andrew Charles so I sent in a request for the  'Blues Band ' with Paul Jones singing the classic " Flat Foot Sam " from the 1980 s!

Andrew then sent me back an E-Mail to say would I be available in two weeks time to go on air with my Sunday Lunchtime show !! I can't wait to broadcast live on the radio and I've asked if I could go down to the studio in Castillo de la Duquesa to get used to the studio and see how things work! Watch this space and on the day listen on-line !!






Thoughts for the Day; See above.

..



No comments: