Tuesday, November 03, 2015

A STILL OVERCAST & WET SUNNY MANILVA ON TUESDAY;

TUESDAY 3RD/ NOVEMBER 2015.







No lie in this morning as the workmen were back on the site early, ‘Reina’ was dropped off first thing. The little 'Princess' now has her own Web-Page at www.duquesadoxie.com - check it out!

I then shot off on my travels along Calle Mar after breakfast, I called into the local bank to pay the electricity bill before going down to the butchers, I’ve got some very nice ‘Escalope’s of Chicken Breast’ which he fillets to order, 3 large English Pork Chops ( double-cut) for our supper with Andy later in the week and finally a pack of Chicken Wings which he cuts off the whole Chickens and then trims! That’s service!

Yesterday the storms hit us again with a very heavy rain storm in the early evening, its still a little over cast today with more of the wet stuff a little later, then over the next few days up to the weekend its dry & sunny and getting a little warmer – 22/23 degs See the picture below of the Liverpool sky line this morning! Spectacular!!



.

And then this afternoon:





So today is an at home day as we catch up with all the chores around the house, I’m up in the office on the WWW checking the E-Mails, Facebook messages and reading all the news papers; Brian has just called in so we have had a good old catch up and gossip.

During the evening last night we watched for a change BBC 2, we started with ‘Eggheads’ and got two questions right, then it was the ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ up-date before an excellent programme that only the BBC can make ‘ Grand Tours of the Scottish Islands’  - next it was the quiz show for the very cleaver ( Mensa & above!) ‘Only Connect’ which I managed to get one line correct! The it was ‘University Challenge’ and I again got two answer’s correct!! Honest! Finally it was time for the new series of ‘Simply Nigella’ which we are not into her style of cooking, sorry!

For our supper this evening we are having 'Escalopes of Chicken Breast' pan-fried in Lime Butter with whole Green Beans & dry-sauteed Potatoes. See below;



  

Later after supper we were going to watch a good film on ‘Putlocker’ with Tom Hanks as “ Captain Phillips” but sadly the bad weather had knocked out the channel and also affected some  of our local Spanish channels. Watch this space.

As I’m typing and posting the Blog I listen to ‘Castle Radio FM 89.2’ on the second screen, my play list is finished, yesterday lunchtime I was playing all the tracks and researching my facts; I’m waiting to hear when we can go down to visit the studio in Castillo de la Duquesa,its all getting rather intense and exciting as I prepare for my debut on live radio for two hours! Watch this space and listen out for me on the big day!!








Thoughts for the Day; See above.

..



No comments: