Sunday, November 15, 2015

A BRIGHT & SUNNY MANILVA ON SUNDAY;

SUNDAY 15th/ NOVEMBER 2015.








Well we managed a little lie in this morning before I grabbed a quick breakfast and sorted myself out ready to go down to the studio in Castillo de la Duquesa to prepare for my first show on ‘Castle Radio FM 89.2’ with the help of Andrew; my playlist  was ready and Andrew had recorded some sound effects for my ‘Bin It’ section with the multi-sound of braking and crashing as I put my selection for the week ‘Demis Roussos’ in the ‘Bin’ at the end of the show! He then pre-recorded my opening  of my programme which was a ‘Royal Trumpet Fanfare’ followed by a echo voice over!! See the picture below as I prepared to go on ‘Air – Live’





I was seated in front of the control deck with three screens controlled by two mouse’s; you have to co-ordinate between them and watch the time of the records as to when its time to fade in your voice at the same time taking down the sound of the record! You start each record and the commercials are in the list and play automatically; I had my script but improvised and ad-libbed as I went along as I got more confident!! I only made one mistake as I pressed the wrong button and played ‘The Rolling Stones’ instead of Ray Charles!! By the end I was in full flow and was enjoying myself! See the picture below of ‘Sir’ Malcolm Sexton’ with my ‘Sunday Classic Session’





Watch this space to see if I’m asked back to become a regular presenter when I will then be able to broadcast from my office/ studio in the house?!

As I came back up to the village and parked the car in the underground car park a English lady who has an apartment in the village stopped me and said ‘I’ve just been listening to your show and enjoyed it – my first fan – she didn’t ask for my autograph!! Also on Facebook I’ve already got several ‘likes’ on my show page !!  A “STAR “ is born !!

At lunchtime we went up to Bar Castillo for a light lunch, Brenda had the ‘Pincho de Gambas’ and I had the excellent ‘Paella’ We took ‘Chispa’ with us as she loves sitting on Brenda’s knee watching the world go by. See the picture below.




We then went along to ‘Cafe Plaza’ which was bouncing and very loud as it was the official opening of the new terrace, we wished the owners all the very best for the future.

Later I’m going to watch the ‘Brazilian Grand Prix’ on BBC TV for a change, for our supper this evening we are having ‘Escalope of Turkey Breast’ served on a bed of savoury Basmati Rice with a rich Mushroom sauce on the side.




Thoughts for the day from sunny Manilva;

..


No comments: