Saturday, November 14, 2015

A STILL OVERCAST SUNNY MANILVA ON SATURDAY;

SATURDAY 14th/ NOVEMBER 2015.










No lie in as planned this morning as we were rudely awoken by the sound of six workmen on the site, at 8-00 am, with the sound of knocking,scraping, shouting with loud music in the background! I went out and complained to the foreman but they laughed at me  and told me to go away!! They are not allowed to work on a Saturday and the last time it happened there was only one man and he stopped, but this time they had the confidence to carry on with numbers on their side!! I’ve sent a complaint to our solicitor!!

It’s a little overcast to start this morning but no doubt it will clear up by lunchtime, the forecast for tomorrow is looking good and next week its going to get, at the moment, even better.

We are having an at home day today catching up the chores, Brenda has some washing hanging out and I’m up in the office catching up on the WWW, including the terrible news from Paris.

For our supper this evening we are having ‘Entrecote Steak’ cooked on a very hot griddle plate ‘ Med-Rare’ with sautéed Baby Mushrooms, finely sliced Green Beans and twice-cooked ‘Frits’ Last night after going down to the studio in Castillo de la Duquesa,  on the way home I picked up from the fish & chip shop ‘ Marlows’ for a change, two large portions of ‘Deep Fried Haddock’ with proper ‘ Chips & Mushy Peas’ which we ate still in the paper!!

Andrew welcomed me to the ‘Castle Radio FM 89.2’ studio and I found myself on air ‘live’ introducing myself  to the listening public for the first time! I stayed for the whole show and watched and learned as Andrew was ‘Flying’ the deck by twisting the knobs, sliding and jumping between the three screens that you can see in the picture below!




I’ve sent him this morning, after discussing with him, my final playlist and have re-written my script! So its fingers crossed for tomorrow and my first live broadcast of my ‘Sunday Morning Classic Session’ I’m hopeful that I will get asked back to become a regular presenter and If so I’m going to have a sign that lights up to say “ ON AIR “ when I’m in the office/studio broadcasting from home!!





No League football this weekend over in the UK and here as its International Football; The Grand Prix of Brazil is on Sunday so will Hamilton remember to turn up as he’s been celebrating over the last week in Monaco!

After supper last night we watched some English TV as Rick Stein reached Istanbul, Michael Portillo was in Greece on his railway travels and finally a little bit of ‘ Children in Need’ with somebody called ‘Grimmy’ ( not very good!) presenting the show in place of Sir Terry Wogan who is ill.





Thoughts for the Day; See above.
..







No comments: