Friday, November 20, 2015

A VERY WARM & SUNNY MANILVA ON FRIDAY AT THE START OF THE WEEKEND;

FRIDAY 20th/ NOVEMBER 2015.








I was up at the crack of dawn and shot across to Estepona to our old bank to transfer our two accounts and then close them, only one problem, it needed Brenda also as they are joint accounts and she had to sign all the documents! This meant that I had to come back to Manilva and collect her , no problem as its the most gorgeous day down here on the ‘Costa Del Sol’ and the drive over and back ( twice!) was spectacular, to say the least, the Mediterranean was calm, the sun was out and the sky was blue, there is no breeze and its getting warmer by the hour, 25 degs!! Over the weekend it now looks like we will just miss the rain but its going colder up to Monday.

As we came out of the bank in Estepona we called into the new “ Honore Bouulangerie “ for a coffee ( excellent ) & tea, Brenda has the most succulent ‘Croque Monsieur’ and I had tostado, everything is served on slate boards and the tea comes in a pot on to top of a large matching cup! We also bought some of their fresh pastries that are made on site in the bakery that is all glass and on show!

On the way back we stopped in Sabinillas and called into our new bank to activate the Debit cards, the transfers have not appeared yet so we will keep our fingers crossed for later; last night Daneila helped me log on to our new online banking service as its all in Spanish and I’m up to about 95% with the documents! At the same time she downloaded the latest ‘You Tube’ & Spotify’ to my apps so as I’m ready for my radio show, if I get asked back, this will help when the studio is set up on my new system up in the office! Then Lee checked out all my settings and updated my security scans etc! Thanks to both of them for their kind attention.

We are going back down to Sabinillas tomorrow morning for our weekly shopping, we did pick up the local newspapers from the ‘English Bookshop’ while we were out, Brenda took ‘Barney’ out for his first walk of the day before I picked her up, and at lunchtime we are going along to ‘Bar Castillo’ for an al fresco Tapas lunch with him; he’s being collected this evening and is then back with us for two weeks over Xmas. ‘Chispa’ arrived just as we came back up to the house and is playing around my feet as I’m typing the Blog.

For our supper this evening we are having ‘ Goujons of Hake Fillet’ made with fresh local breadcrumbs, with Mushy Peas, diced ‘Frits’ and of course my homemade Tartar sauce; See below; we will the settle down to watch some English TV as normal on a Friday, also Brenda is now able to watch the Tennis in the afternoon from the ’02 Areana’ as both Nadel and Federer progress to the semi finals.















Thoughts for the Day; See above.


..



No comments: