Sunday, December 15, 2013

GREY AND OVERCAST IN SUNNY MANILVA TODAY

SUNDAY 15th/ DECEMBER 2013.




This morning I awoke to not feeling at my best, in fact lousy so after a mug of tea and some toast I took a tablet and went back to bed! This means that we are now going to roast the Chicken on Tuesday when Andy and Maria are joining us for supper, the Pork Chops will go away for another day! Brenda them pottered about the house, got something out for supper this evening and then took the dog for a walk; I got up at lunchtime and had a nice bowl of the Minestrone soup with some Melba toast that Brenda made especially. I then had a nice leisurely shave and shower and got myself sorted out.

As I settled into the office there was a message on Facebook from Jane with some rather sad news, a very dear friend and our wine merchant for many years Rodney Densem has died suddenly, no details yet but our deep condolences and thoughts go out to his family at the particular time.

This afternoon after typing the blog I’ am going to watch the Tottenham v Liverpool match on the large PC before settling down and getting myself sorted for the week ahead; tomorrow morning we are going down on the early bus as we have some more messages and shopping to do, a new set of small white Xmas lights from the Chinese bazaar for the tree as one set has blown, cards from the bookshop, the bank, vegetables from the market if its open and then our English shopping from ‘Super Sol’

Spurs 0 LIVERPOOL 5 !!!!! - Outplayed by a brilliant LIVERPOOL !

I’ am going to cancel my tests at the surgery until the start of the New Year as my appointments at the hospital are not until early February and also I will be feeling a lot better! Andy and Maria are coming for our pre-Xmas supper with them on Tuesday and it’s the Xmas Carol Concert on Thursday evening, then our last shop before Xmas on Friday morning!

The weather forecast has just been on and there is still no sign of any rain next week with sunshine and the temperatures hovering around the 17/19 degs mark! Today it’s a little overcast and grey so it’s definitely an at home day. Tonight for supper we are now going to have one of our favorite comfort meals; flattened Breast of Chicken pan-fried in foaming Lemon Butter with thick-cut sautéed Baked Potatoes and Green Beans. Hopefully I will be feeling a lot better for the week ahead as I'am still not quiet right now!


Thought for the Day; See above.

..



                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: