Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A OVERCAST AND DAMP DAY IN SUNNY MANILVA ON WEDNESDAY;

WEDNESDAY 12th/ NOVEMBER 2014.




Up early again this morning and after grabbing a quick cup of tea & toast I \shot off to the hospital past Marbella for my appointment with the ‘Eye Consultant’ Brenda welcomed little princess ‘Reina’ and uncovered ‘Charlie’ to the big wide world!

After some more tests the consultant confirmed that I have no problems with my Eye pressure, Optic Nerves, Retina etc but I have got a small Cataract in my right Eye and the start of one in my left Eye, they do not need any treatment or operation at this time, maybe in a few years and so I have to go to our local Opticians for some new prescriptions for my glasses as they are a little out of date. Result!

The weather today is a little overcast and grey with a some rain in the air, not forecast, tomorrow we are going to get rather wet as we are out for our shopping! Over the weekend it’s improving and hopefully dry & sunny as we are used too!

When I got back to the house ‘Chispa’ was also running around and eating a small Lamb Bone that we had kept for her; I then made the ‘Beef Curry’ for tonight’s supper which we are having with Basmati Rice – it’s the same recipe only with Beef, it takes a little longer to cook, I have left it in Brenda’s capable hands!

The result yesterday of the ‘Red Ferrari’ passing the ‘ITV – MOT’ was a nice bonus as the old car needs nursing along all the time, I check the oil and coolant all the time and before going across to the test station in Estepona I checked the tyres,washers, water,lights,brakes etc.

The system is very efficient and always on time, it started at 3-20pm and I was out 15/20 minutes later, the examiner calls out all the orders as he takes you along the line like a conveyor belt, you have to pay attention and I have learned all the Spanish for hazard, brakes, hand brakes, indicatores, left & right, main & dipped beams etc!

So this evening after supper we are going across to Malaga Airport in Andy’s car to pick him up as he’s arriving at 10-45pm, the new Airport and access roads in and out are very good but we beat the system by picking him up from the departure not the arrivals as it very difficult and a long way to park for the arrivals terminal, you are allowed by the police to drop off and move on right outside the main departure terminal! So we wait in the garage forecourt below and when he calls we shoot up the slip road!!


Thoughts for the Day; See above.

..







                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: