Monday, January 13, 2014

WET AND COOLER IN SUNNY MANILVA AT THE START OF THE WEEK;

MONDAY 13th/ JANUARY 2014.



Overnight the rains came to sunny Manilva! As forecast it’s now a showery day down here on the ‘Costa Del Sol’ with more to come in the next few days, we can’t complain as it’s the first damp period in over 7 months!!

After breakfast I started on the today’s menu which has an ‘Italian’ theme! I’ve made a fresh batch of my now famous ‘Minestrone’ soup using as many ingredients that I can find; I start with a mixed vegetable bag from the Greengrocers which has everything in a dice and contains over 9 different vegetables including Sugar Peas, at the same time a sweat off diced Peppers,Celery,Leeks,Onions,Carrots,Green Beans,Peas,Broccoli,Cauliflower – then its all added to the pan with the vegetable stock water to finish cooking, I blanch off some thin Spaghetti and Pasta, use up any leftover Potatoes/diced, soaked Lentils and local white Garbanzos Beans – all then added to the pan – its then time to season with various herbs, Tomato Frito(Paste) and finally add my Tomato Salsa to finish off the cooking. We are having some today for lunch and the rest is going away into the deep freeze in batches for another day!

For tonight’s supper we are having the rest of the Pork Fillet flattened and then bread crumbed into ‘Schnitzels’ with ‘Spaghetti Milanaise’ – the Spaghetti tossed in my rich Tomato Salsa with sliced Mushrooms and Ham – the ‘Schnitzels cooked in foaming Lemon Butter! I need to make another batch of the Tomato Salsa tomorrow morning.

Mano and Anna called in at lunchtime for a new update and gossip;Mano has finished on the night shift and starts back on days on Wednesday - he is delighted to get back to a normal life style! Anna is off on another 'Jolly' to England on Friday,she's travelling back with her cousin Debbie( Tom the golfer's mum) who is over for a couple of days this week - she's going this time for 3/4 weeks?! 

Early this evening we are going down to the office in Sabinillas to confirm what documents and pictures I need have to have ready for my appointment to change my driving license to Spanish on Wednesday evening; watch this space. In fact Mano came down with me to the office and they confirmed that they take the pictures and I only need my English Driving License,but they have changed the appointment to Thursday morning as the doctor,Emillo who is the village doctor and Deputy Mayor,is going to be late back off his holidays! 

Last night we channel hopped and watched various films but nothing special.


Thought for the Day; See above.

..








                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: