Thursday, January 16, 2014

SHOWERS IN SUNNY MANILVA ON THURSDAY;

THURSDAY 16th/ JANUARY 2014.



Up bright and early this morning and after my tea and toast I shot down to Sabinillas to change my Driving License from English to Spanish; I was fortunate to miss the rain showers that are due today and passed the medical with flying colors and after registering all my details the new document was issued with my picture on it! I only now have to go over to La Linea to the traffic Department office and claim the actual Spanish License.

Today is definitely an at home day so Brenda has started cleaning walls, defrosting fridges etc; meanwhile I’ am up in the office on the WWW catching up with E-mails, typing the Blog etc! We have sorted the menu’s for over the weekend, Goujons of Hake on Friday, Steak and chips on Saturday and then on Sunday no roast again as we are having Grilled Lamb Cutlets with ‘Boulangere’ Potatoes.

Next week Brenda has an appointment over at the hospital past Marbella with the Dermatology Consultant on Tuesday evening to check her Eyelids and a general check-up,the following week it’s my turn with the my Prostrate Consultant on Wednesday morning for the results of the latest tests! Fingers crossed!!

Last night after supper we watched a very interesting ‘True- Life’ film called “Citizen Jane” from 1999 – it’s the story about the real-life efforts of a women to track down the ‘Con- artist’ who murdered her Aunt and get him convicted of the crime and sent to jail – it took her 13 years! It stars Ally Sheedy in the title role and the detective that helps her is played by ‘Meat Loaf!’ One to watch.

PS; When I was talking to Terry over in France last night he reminded me that Manchester City were playing Blackburn in a ‘FA Cup’ replay – I watched it – they won 5 -0 – so Terry,Mano and Carlos are ‘Happy Bunnies’ today ! Terry is a life-long City supporter and in his youth used to play for Rhyl!!

PPS; The pictures of the inside of the church have just been posted by the Mayor,the re-opening is on Saturday 8th February at 7-00pm.


Thought for the Day’ See above.

..





                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: