Saturday, April 23, 2016

A VERY WARM & SUNNY MANILVA ON SATURDAY.

SATURDAY 23rd / APRIL 2016.  “ ST. GEORGE’S DAY “


















I was up first this morning and after freshening up I came down to Brenda’s famous ‘ Campo Poached Eggs on Toast’ for breakfast, to set me up for the day ahead; I then shot off down to ‘ Castillo de la Duquesa’ to the ‘Castle Radio FM 89.2 & World Wide Online’ studio to prepare my show ‘ Sir Malcolm’s Classic Saturday Session’ with the help of Andrew Charles, my first ‘ live’ programme, broadcast, at 11-00am – I then hit the airways for my two hour show! Lots of local listeners and some nice good luck messages as I got into the swing of things, four screens, two mice and a large mixing desk under my control, see the picture below of me ‘ at work’!







I managed to play a request for Andy and gave all the relations over in Australia a good mention as well as all the others listening here and over in England, I also added some extra tunes including a new Paul Simon track ‘ Wristband’ that he played last night on the new series of ‘ Later with Jools Holland’ ‘Lady’ Brenda, my co-producer also had a dance tune played to help get her back on her feet”!! Next weeks show is also going to be broadcast from the same studio as the work on my studio is going to take a little longer to set up. Watch this space.

Today is the hottest day, so far, down here on the ‘ Costa Del Sol’  - as its very warn & sunny and is due to reach 25/26 degs later! More to come over the next few days and into next week.

Now home I’m catching up with the Blog etc. This afternoon we will be watching the last Jump Racing of the season from ‘ Sandown Park’ Later its the first Semi-Final of the ‘FA Cup’ taking place at Wembley as Everton take on Manchester Utd, meanwhile Manchester City are at home to Stoke and Liverpool welcome Newcastle, over here in ‘ La Liga’ Barcelona are at home to Sporting de Gijon & Real Madrid travel to  Rayo Vallecano, also here in Spain, just around the corner up in Jerez its the ‘Spanish Motor GP’

Supper this evening is ‘ Grilled Fillet Steak ‘ cooked ‘Med-Rare’ with whole Green Beans and twice-cooked ‘ Frits’ – plain and simple! Tomorrow its my famous ‘ Smoked Chicken & Three Green Bean Risotto’


Last night after supper we watched the new Rick Stein series of ‘ A Long Weekend Away’ – this weeks was from Bordeaux – it looked rather nice and of course features lots of Red Wine and some very ‘ Rare, in fact Blue’ grilled Beef! He made the classic ‘ Bordelaise Sauce’ which sadly I can’t make as I can’t find any Bone Marrow! 







Thoughts for the Day; See above.


..

No comments: