Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A OVERCAST & RATHER DAMP SUNNY MANILVA ON TUESDAY;

TUESDAY 19th / APRIL 2016.
















I was up first this morning to see ‘ Reina’ back with us for the day, this evening ‘ Scruffy’ is being dropped off for a sleep over, when I returned from my travels we had a visitor, in between the showers, ‘ Chispa’ came crashing in to see us and her friend ‘Reina’ – she stayed and played and I then took her home before the rains retuned, earlier the storm had hit us and it was raining heavy as she was dropped off, it then stopped and by the time I left on my travels it was clear & mild. We had breakfast, ‘ Smoked Bacon Butties ‘ were called for, with mugs of steaming tea, to set us up for the day ahead.

I then shot down to Sabinillas through the vine fields that are looking greener everyday, the rain helps!  I needed some inks for the printer, the local ‘IT’ shop has closed in the village, I called at the Computer shop but it was closed as the owner was ill?! I then went to the large Stationery shop next to the garage, which was not open, it turns out that it has ceased trading!! Plan ‘ B’ means a trip to the Computer shop in Estepona on another day, watch this space.

I then met Andrew, from ‘ Castle Radio FM 89.2 & Online’ in ‘ Castillo de la Duquesa’ and we went for a coffee in one of the local bars, as the sea was crashing over the walls with the smell of salt and fish in the air! I have my first three playlists ready so Andrew is coming up to our house on Thursday lunchtime to install and set up all the programme systems on my new computer system, I need a mixer & special microphone, which he is sorting, the plan is for me to go ‘ live’ this coming Saturday morning with Andrew coming up to sit with me to make sure that I’m pressing all the right buttons!!





Today and tomorrow I’m writing my scripts/crib sheets, all the adverts are in the system along with the radio pro-mo’s etc, the music catalogue is also included, my own ‘ intro’s’ are also saved,  I will have a station E-Mail address for requests, this all means that by Saturday morning my studio will be going ‘ live’ broadcasting from the heart of sunny Manilva, watch this space!






Over the next few weeks Andrew is moving his studio to larger premises up here at the ‘Manilva Green Aparthotel’ at the top of the village, the main broadcasting mast is being re-sighted at the same time, this means that the ‘FM 89.2’ coverage will be stronger and reach further down the ‘ Costa Del Sol’- the Online connection will also improve for the ‘World Wide’ listeners! All very exciting, watch this space.

Today it still grey & overcast with the threat of showers all day, tomorrow its ‘sunny’ showers and then on Thursday its back to warm and sunny, Friday, at the moment, is looking settled with just the possibility of some of the wet stuff. This evening we are going down to the surgery, in the car, for our appointments with the Chiropodist.

This evenings supper is now going to be ‘ Grilled Gammon Steaks ‘ as I called into the English butchers on the way back, I also bought some fresh homemade ‘Cumberland Sausages’ – we are having Garden Peas & ‘ Frits’ with the Gammon- topped with, of course, ‘Campo Fried Eggs’! On Wednesday its ‘Escalope’s of Chicken Breast’

Late yesterday afternoon Mano & Anna called in for a chat and then Anna’ young cousin Tom, with his girlfriend Alisha, joined us, they are staying with Mano & Anna as he looks for work down here on the ‘ Costa Del Sol’ his latest ‘ job’ has been as a cocktail barmen working in Knutsford for David! He’s a ‘ scratch’ golfer and the last time he was here it did not work out, this time he’s more hopeful, he has found an duplex apartment near to Puerto Banus, watch this space. Last night we had a ‘ Quiz Night’ watching all the various shows ending with the final of ‘ University Challenge’












Thoughts for the Day; See above.


..




No comments: