Monday, April 04, 2016

A GREY & OVERCAST DAY IN SUNNY MANILVA ON MONDAY AT THE START OF THE WEEK.

MONDAY 4TH / APRIL 2016.















After seeing ‘ Reina’ back for the day, she’s here for five days this week up to Friday, we grabbed a quick breakfast and I shot out on my travels; I posted a birthday card in the local Post Office before collecting the car from the underground car park; on my way to Estepona past a grey & rough Mediterranean the clouds and sky were also grey, there was a stiff breeze but its still mild!

The forecast for the week ahead is picking up from tomorrow and getting a little warmer, no rain & wind, at the moment, over in Liverpool this morning they are having the same weather, see the picture below!






My first stop was at the Barbers, Manuel, I was his first customer of the day, he trims and dry shaves before washing & drying, he then cuts and styles , at the same time he gave me a scalp massage followed by a face rub, he also styled and trimmed my new ‘Goatee’! The Jewellers is next door, the ‘Carriage Clock’ which was wedding present from our Best Man, Fred & Carol, is now back in working order, we are at the moment trying to get the balance right to set it back in its place. I then went along the promenade to the ‘ Carrefour’ Hypermarket to check our ‘Xmas’ Lottery ticket, last year we got our money back ( 23 Euros!) but sadly this year no luck! I then called into ‘La Casa’ for some night lights before calling into the ‘ Hippy Shop’ for the ‘Oil’ for the scented burner in the lounge; lastly on the way back into Estepona I popped into ‘ PC – Macs.es’ where I bought the new computer system last year, I was recommended by Ben, the owner to a ‘Studio’ set of ‘Head Phones with Mike’ which were on offer! Result!! Watch this space.

For our supper this evening we are having Grilled Homemade ‘English Pork Sausages’  with crispy Smoked Bacon, Mushroom & Tomato, no doubt a ‘ Campo’ Fried Egg will appear! – as well as ‘Frits’ On Tuesday I’ m going down to the butchers for ‘ Escalope of Chicken Breast’ and then on Wednesday we are having Grilled ‘Gammon Steaks’ and on Thursday a ‘ Campo’ Egg ‘ Frittata’!




Last night after supper we settled down to watch the new legal drama on BBC TV – “ Undercover “ starring Sophie Okonedo & Adrian Lester, with lots of twists in the plot as it unfolds, its going to be very interesting as she has just been promoted to ‘Director of Public Prosecutions’ but her husband has a secret past, there is an unsolved murder and a falsely imprisoned convict in the ‘USA’ facing execution?! Watch this space.










Thoughts for the Day; See above.



..

No comments: