Friday, February 19, 2016

A CLOUDY & OVERCAST DAMP SUNNY MANILVA ON FRIDAY AT THE START OF THE WEEKEND;

FRIDAY 19th/ FEBRUARY 2015.












I was up early this morning and after ‘Reina’ was dropped off for the last time this week I shot off down to Sabinillas for the weekly shopping, I called into the bank for some cash and then collected the local newspapers, a magazine for Brenda to read and a box of ‘Cadbury’s Milk Tray’ for the ‘Lady’ in my life! I then popped next door and bought a small Radio, for in the bedroom, to keep Brenda company as its the only place that we don’t have any music! I then carried on to ‘Mercadona’ for the main shop, everywhere I go I get asked where is Brenda and in the street I’m asked all the time by all our local Manilva neighbours how she is?

This weekend its ‘ Carnival’ time here in the village but the new council has arranged all the fun over Saturday & Sunday down on the ‘Fairground’ in the valley below the village and as far as we can tell there is no parade along Calle Mar?! Watch this space




Today its cloudy and overcast, overnight it rained, as I set off this morning it was still wet, its now stopped raining but the weekend is looking wet and windy before it picks up at the start of next week.





So we are settling into a routine, I have to keep up with the housekeeping chores as the instructions are given, I’m now the ‘Vegetables Chef’ - also the menu planning is sorted, its like running a ‘Private Hospital’ with better food, service and nursing! For lunch its soup, yesterday ‘Scotch Broth’ ( Iceland !) today ‘Heinz Tomato’ – last night it was a small plate of ‘Scouse’ with Cabbage & Carrots and this evening I’ve had a request for ‘Poached Salmon’ with Broccoli florets. Tea is on call all day with biscuits if required, one bonus is that I'm going to loose some weight with all the running up and down the stairs, it was suggested that I get a monitor to measure the Kms?! 




At the moment the washing, drying & ironing is on hold due to the wet weather - watch this space.




.
Yesterday I rung both the sisters over in England, Jenny & Norah, to update them on the news, then last night I managed to get in touch with Jack & Lyn over in Melbourne before they read the Blog; We have not been able to get them on the ‘Skype’ video as they have been having some technical problems, I rang them first and we then finally got it sorted by sending a contact request to Lyn, they were able to speak to her as I turned the sound up high and we had a good catch up with all their news at the same time.

I also rang Tim later to ask how is day had gone, the ‘party’  was in full swing so we have just had a nice Skype video call from him and he too spoke to Brenda, he also read some of a poem that his daughter Jo read at the funeral which got us all going! They had a full turn out at the Crematorium of all the old local from Old Colwyn as Tim’s mum was well liked & a real character.








Thoughts for the Day; See above.

..







No comments: