Friday, August 09, 2019

A VERY HOT & SUNNY MANILVA ON FRIDAY AT THE START OF THE WEEKEND.


FRIDAY 9th/ AUGUST 2019.
































I was up very early this morning, after another very hot and sleepless night, after freshening up I then did my usual ‘Blood/Glucose’ reading and then my ‘Insulin’ injection, before setting off on my travels down to Sabinillas for our weekly shopping, my first port of call was at the main ‘Medical Centre ‘ to make an appointment with the ‘Practise Nurse’ as I needed some more ‘Blood& Glucose’ reading strips, I got one later at 10 - 50 am.

I then called into the ‘Nautilus Cafeteria Bar’ for a fresh orange juice as ‘ ‘ItZabar’ is closed for a few days, next I hit the crowds at ‘ Mercadona’ – before I called into the ‘Ferrateria’ for some spot lights, next stopping at the ‘ English Bookshop’ for the local newspapers, It was then time to shoot along to the far end of the promenade to the local market for our fresh flowers and wall plants, before coming back up the hill, where the local ‘Muscatel’ Grapes are now on sale!













I unloaded back at the house, with Brenda’s help, she had taken ‘ Chico’ out for his first walk of the day earlier, ‘Chispa’ was waiting in the street, I then headed back down to Sabinillas for my appointment with the ‘Practise Nurse’ – at the moment the town is crazy/mad, with no parking, I went early to give me time to find a spot, I was very lucky and found a spot in the street next to the main ‘Medical Centre’ – more luck as the first three patients, with the nurse didn’t arrive, so I went straight in!










The problem is that the prescription only covers one strip a day, so I have had a couple of double tests, meaning that I’m out of strips early, she gave me a small amount to keep me going, every other day, until my prescription kicks back in!  After checking my readings she reminded me about the new regime, no bread, no fruit or sugar, minimal food etc. Watch this space.




Next week we are busy in ‘ Doggy World Heaven’ as ‘Sunny’ is due to arrive on Sunday, until next Thursday, little ‘ Miss Bella’ is back with us on Monday/ Tuesday as usual and of course ‘ Chico’ is still with us, no doubt ‘Chispa’ will be calling in & out all the time!












On next Thursday lunchtime our friends, from the Isle of Man, Vic, Sue and their son Ben, with their friends are coming across for a ‘Tapas’ lunch with us in the village, then on Friday lunchtime Brenda has an appointment at the ‘Dermatology Department ‘ at the ‘Costa Del Sol Hospital’- meaning that I will have to do our weekly shopping on Saturday morning!



The sun was out very early and was blinding above the Mediterranean, the sky was blue & clear, with just a few patchy clouds in the distance, there is a slight breeze, making it a little cooler in the shade, by lunchtime it will reach 36 degs+ tomorrow the same, then from Sunday as the breeze pick up, it’s dropping a little, into the start of next week, when it will be hovering in the high 20s, still overnight in the low 20s, before next weekend when it will be back up into the mid 30s during the day. Watch this space.












Over in Liverpool yesterday a new cruise liner, the “ Megallan “ was berthed at the Pier Head, see below.


















This evening the ‘Premier League ‘ football kicks off with Liverpool at home to Norwich City.














We have been given the night-off again so we are going back along to ‘ Bar Castillo’ for a ‘Fish/Tapas’ supper, sat outside in the shade, taking in the cooler evening air, with nice cold drinks, as the ‘World’ passes us by!

























Thoughts for the Day;  See above.






...









No comments: