Thursday, March 24, 2016

A WARM & VERY SUNNY MANILVA ON THURSDAY.

THURSDAY 24th / MARCH 2014













I was up early again this morning and after freshening up we had our normal breakfast before ‘ Reina’ was dropped for the last time this week; I then shot out on my travels down to Sabinillas, through the vine fields, with the mountains to the left and the Mediterranean sparkling in the early morning sunshine, see the picture below showing sunrise this morning!





Its the most glorious day here on the ‘ Costa Del Sol’ with clear blue skies and no clouds, there is no breeze and it was warm as I set off for our weekly shopping, tomorrow everywhere is closed, today most place are also closed including the Town Hall, the forecast has now settled down over the weekend and into next week, the rain has gone away and so for the last two parades on Sunday it will be warm and sunny; at night its still crisp & cold so I will have to wrap up later this evening when I go up to Calle Mar to follow the ‘ Jesus Nazareno’ midnight parade – see some pictures tomorrow!

I called into our bank first and then stopped at the ‘English Bookshop’ for the local newspapers and a retirement card, guess who?! I then hit’ Mercadona’ and fought my way through the ‘masses’ – it was very busy and every man or women for them selves! The new ‘ Fish Market – Counter’ is open so I bought a very nice ‘ Rodaballo – Turbot ‘ for ‘ Good Friday’ which they took off the black skin for me, I also treated us some very fine & fresh large ‘ Gambas’  as you can see in the picture below.





After unpacking back at the house we sorted our menus out for the next few days and over the weekend; this evening we are having ‘Omelette’s’  Cheese for Brenda & Mushroom for me, our neighbour Anna dropped of our ‘Campo’ Eggs last night and also a bag of fresh Lemons, Alselgas and Broad Beans all from her ‘ Campo’ in the valley below the village.




On Friday I’m going to bake the whole ‘ Rodaballo’ and grill some of the Gambas to garnish it with, Saturday its ‘ Fillet Steak again and then on Sunday evening something simple as we are roasting on Easter Monday “ Roast Leg of New Zealand Lamb studded with Garlic & Rosemary “ with lots of fresh vegetables and my famous ‘ Boulangere’ Potatoes!

With our morning cup of tea this morning we had the first of the ' Hot X Buns' . toasted with lots of Butter, Daniela got them from 'Morissons' in Gibraltar for us! 

So this evening after supper we will watch the first episode of the third series of ‘ Line of Duty’ before I go out to follow my ‘ Brotherhoods’ procession.




The pictures below show a different view of the River Mersey, the last remaining ‘ Light Ship’ now a museum and the ‘Party’ ferryboat earlier this year passing the ‘ Love Locks’!












And finally the " Albert Dock " in all its glory !







Thoughts for the Day; See above.

..



No comments: