Sunday, March 27, 2016

A CLEAR & DRY SUNNY MANILVA ON ' SEMANA SANTA SUNDAY'

SUNDAY 27th/ MARCH 2016.  “ EASTER SUNDAY “














We managed a little lie in this morning even after loosing the hour when the clocks went forward, we had some very nice freshly squeezed local Orange juice with our toast & tea before getting the day on the go, Brenda is going to take things easy and stay in for today, tomorrow she’s going to try and do a bit more walking and standing as we get our ‘Roast’ ready!

After typing and posting the Blog I’m shaving and freshening myself up to get ready to get dressed up before I go up to Calle Mar for the last two ‘Semana Santa’ processions at lunchtime “ Procesion Del Santisimo Cristo Rescucitado y la STMA.Virgen Del Rosario A.M.D.G. “ I will post all the pictures, above, later when I return.

Well it turned out to be a 'Helluva' Day as it started to rain as I reached 'Bar Castillo' - this morning when I went up to the roof patio to bring in the washing it was all rather damp,not forecast! It then turned into a downpour and the parades were suspended, See Calle Mar below.







One hour later the sun was out and the parades started again with a shorter route, so as you can see above it all took place as planned. I collected the Chicken and ended up at 'Bar Rojas' so we had some of their Tapas & Paella, as a take out, for a change. See the pictures below of the 'Tapas' displays in both the bars!!














Pete Black on his show played for Brenda my request of ' Let's Dance' by Chris Montez!

For this evenings supper I’ve ordered a fresh local Chicken from the ‘ Rotissiere’ in Calle Mar which I will collect on my way home! See below! The ‘ South Island New Zealand Lamb’ is defrosting ready for tomorrows ‘ Easter Monday’ feast when Lee & Daniela are joining us.





Then this evening after supper we will settle down to watch the final episode of “ The Night Manager “ on BBC 1, its going to be a ‘ Cracker’ as the tale/story reached its climax, watch this space.









Thoughts for the Day; See above.


..

No comments: