Tuesday, April 07, 2015

A WINDY & OVERCAST SUNNY MANILVA ON TUESDAY;

TUESDAY 7th/ APRIL 2015.










I was up bright and early this morning to welcome ‘Reina’ here for the day; as usual she shot upstairs and got under her duvet for another hour; we then had a leisurely breakfast and sorted ourselves out for the day ahead. I shot down to our local Greengrocers for some Red & Green Peppers and Plum Tomatoes, the Peppers are for this evenings potato dish and the tomatoes are for my Salsa, I also called into our local bank in Calle Mar for some cash from the machine.

The weather today is overcast and windy as there is a strong wind coming down from the Mediterranean and then heading out to the Atlantic through the Straits of Gibraltar, its blown the rain away for today but sadly tomorrow its going to be raining while we are out at the hospital over in Marbella for my appointment with my Prostrate Consultant. It’s then getting back to normal, the sun is back and it will be a lot warmer by the weekend.

A little later we went for a walk with ‘Reina & Chispa’ down to the local ‘IT’ shop opposite the ‘Plaza de la Vendimia’ to top up our Mobile phones, we are still getting our 50% bonus when we top them up! I took a picture of the new info map on the final wall of the ‘Roman Pottery Urn’




On the way back I also took a couple of pictures of Calle Mar as they are painting the whole street, we bumped into the Mayor, Diego, and he confirmed that our street Calla San Vicente is getting the same treatment, earlier when I was out one of my ‘Sources’ had also confirmed it!  Don’t forget that the local elections are coming up at the end of May!!  The Council workmen have just started to re-paint the road marking, lines and crossings, See the pictures below.






Last night Brenda called into the Opticians and they had fixed her glasse’s, they had sent them away in the morning to be repaired, the good news was that there was no charge! No that’s service.

For our supper this evening we are having ‘Baked Pork Chops’ cut ‘English’ style (thick) by our Butcher, Brenda is getting ready some Cabbage with local Alselgas & more crushed Baby Carrots, Turnips & Parsnips as well as boiling the cubed Potatoes, as I’m making my famous ‘Breton’Potaoes which I toss the cubed potatoes in foaming butter with diced Onions and the Red & Green Peppers. A little Tomato salsa on the side, I will be making another batch of my famous Tomato Salsa on another day.

Last night after supper we caught up with all the news, sport and weather details before finding a film to watch, it starred Nicole Kidman is a rather strange movie for her with lots of sex and gore, not one to recommend, so I won’t!






Thoughts for the Day; See above.


..




                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: