Thursday, April 09, 2015

A DAMP & OVERCAST SUNNY MANILVA ON THURSDAY; " GRAND NATIONAL WEEK "

THURSDAY 9th/ APRIL 2015





.




I was first up this morning to see ‘Reina’ back for the day, she had the right idea for today and shot upstairs to her duvet, I followed her and got back under the covers with the ‘Child Bride’ Its still damp and overcast, the wind has dropped but tomorrow its dry and then on Saturday more of the wet stuff hits us before Sunday when its starting to get back to normal. It’s a bit like a ‘Tarts Underskirt’ – “Up & Down Every Day”! So I was told!!

After breakfast Brenda shot back upstairs to shampoo her hair and I set to and made another batch of my famous Tomato Salsa using the local Plum Tomatoes that I bought the other day, for supper this evening we are having my special ‘Broad Bean Frittata’ The eggs are from our neighbors Campo as well as the Broad Beans that Brenda blanches and then skins,




I sweat off the diced local Onion, we are also boiling off the local new potatoes (diced) ready to go into the dish this evening, basically you put it all together after beating the eggs and seasoning, chopped Parsley a must, you use Virgin Olive Oil (Lots) to start it off and I then pop it into a very hot oven to cook- ‘Soufflé’ style! See the picture below;




This afternoon I will be in the office to watch the Jump Racing from Aintree as it’s the start of the three day Grand National meeting; all the money this year, especially, will be on AP ‘Tony’ McCoy in the Grand National on Saturday, his 20th time, when he is riding the 7-1 favorite “ Shuttheftontdoor” in his last race at Aintree, he has only won the race once before, he retires in two weeks time. See the picture below of his face projected onto the ‘Royal Liver Building’ on the Pier Head last night!





Aintree is always rather special for me as I lived just up the road in Orrel Park and as a child I played on the race course, often being chased by the famous owner ‘Mrs. Mirabel Topham’ Later I used to ride my bicycle across the road to the famous ‘Melling Bridge’ crossing, at the age of 10, I watched with my dad ‘Tommy’ Sexton  the 1955 ‘British Grand Prix’ on the extended ‘Aintree Circuit Club’s’ track; Stirling Moss won his first ‘Formula One’ race in a Mercedes from the legendary Juan Manuel Fangio also in a Mercedes – also racing were Mike Hawthorn, Jack Brabham, Roy Salvadori,all names from the past, now not a lot of people know that – they do now!!



PS; The 'Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway' this lunchtime as " Linda & Blanche' pull up the 'Gwyndy Bank;



PPS; 'The Menai Straights' this morning with the famous bridge in the far distance.







Thoughts for the Day; See above.

..

..
..











                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: