Thursday, July 04, 2019

A VERY HOT & SUNNY MANILVA ON THURSDAY.


THURSDAY 4th/ JULY 2019.   “ INDEPENDENCE DAY “

































We had a nice lie in this morning, after another ‘ hot-night’ – after freshening up we had a quick toast & tea, before getting the day on the go, this afternoon ‘ Scruffy’ is back with us for few hours, as Adrian has his first radiotherapy at 6-OO pm at the Hospital.










Brenda then popped along to our Chemists in ‘Calle Mar’ for new prescription for me, a very expensive ( not in the system) antibiotic cream for my Celullitis, on my right leg,( see below) - at the same time she picked up another sachet for her problem with her ‘ waterworks’!


Yesterday afternoon we shot off across to the ‘Costa Del Sol Hospital’ for my appointment at the ‘ Dermatology Department, the coast road ( A7 –N340 ) - at this time of the year, at the height of the holiday season, it’s particularly dangerous, very busy, very fast, with surprise queues!









We had to wait an hour for my emergency appointment, the young lady ‘Consultant’ then gave me the full ‘work-over’ after reading all my notes, she has prescribed a new antibiotic cream to help clear my ‘ Celullitis’ on my right leg, to be used before going to bed, the ‘ Herpes Zoster’ infection/virus on my left arm/shoulder was a very severe form, not Shingles, that is resistant to the antibiotics, it’s now started to clear and she told us to use a normal moisturiser, for the pain relief, she prescribed ‘ Paracetamol’ – it worked, I had my first night’s sleep, for five days, my arm is still very tender and it’s going to take a while. She has also told me to go and see our Doctor, Natalia, after all the blood tests, as she need to adjust my prescriptions, as all this has upset my various medications.  I’m feeling a lot better, but still not back to normal, watch this space.  “RESULT “













On the way back we decided to carry on, past Sabinillas and go to ‘ Marlows Fish n’Chip Shop’ for a early supper, Brenda had the ‘Early Bird Special’ – a small Haddock & Chips with Mushy Peas, with a large glass of Rose wine, I had the ‘ Medium’ Haddock & Chips, with a ‘Fanta Orange’ – as usual everything was excellent, the Haddock was flaky and moist, the batter crisp, the Mushy Peas very tasty and the Chips just right!











When we came home we settled down to watch a very good documentary on the ‘Ritz Hotel’ in London, before catching later the second Semi Final of the ‘FIFA Women s World Cup’ – boring, between Holland & Sweden, Holland won.













Yesterday afternoon when we were out & about is was extremely hot, as the breeze had dropped, this morning the sun was out early and the sky is clearing, with a few patchy clouds, by lunchtime it’s due to reach 27 degs+ tomorrow up to 30 degs+ and then by Sunday 32 degs+! Next week is also going to be very hot & sunny, no surprise there, hovering in the low 30s, only down to 20 degs overnight, with a few patchy clouds at times and a light breeze, watch this space.













This evening we have given the ‘ staff’ the night off, they are going along to ‘ Bar Castillo’ for a light ‘Tapas’ supper, sat outside in the shade, with a cool drink, taking in the sights & sounds in sunny Manilva, as the World’ passes by, tomorrow morning I’m not going out on my travels down to Sabinillas for the weekly shopping, we picked up a few essentials  from ‘Super Sol’ on the way home last night, so we have a long weekend to help with both our recuperations!




On Saturday evening we have just arranged a ‘Skype’ video call with Sandra & Bill, over in Everett, Ontario, Canada, as they have a busy weekend, the following week they are going away to ‘Long Island, New York’ for a flying visit and then ‘ glamping ‘ for the rest of the week, as the hot weather has finally reached them! ‘Enjoy’

























Thoughts for the Day;  See above.







....
















No comments: