Wednesday, August 28, 2013

SUNNY AND A VERY HOT MANILVA ON DAY 3 OF VENDIMIA WEEK

WEDNESDAY 28th/AUGUST 2013.



We had a little lie this morning as we are in training for the weekend! Brenda is pottering about and I’ am up in the office getting rather frustrated and angry! I have been trying for a couple of months to register with ‘Jazztel’ on-line as they have stopped sending bills in the post,everytime I try it stops me at the first question, my NIE number – its on the bills and I’ve cross-checked it with the actual documents, I type it in correct but it won’t except it! Mano tried as it is Spanish and had no luck this means that I can’t check the bills!! Grrrrrrrr!!

So this morning I went to go on-line on the Skype video to talk to Jack and Lyn in Australia as we have not spoken to them in a while, it asked me for my details, as I entered my password it would not except it so I went to the help-line and the first question it asks is for your e-mail address that you registered with when you started  - ‘PROBLEM!’ as our e-mail address at the time was the old Hotmail that was hacked into and we closed a couple of year ago – it won’t except the new Googlemail and they will only send the re-registration details to the old one!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!! You could hear me screaming down in Sabinillas !!

Our fiend Andy, my IT consultant is calling in tomorrow lunchtime to help.

This afternoon I will be watching Stage 5 of the ‘Vuelta 2013’ over 175kms which is from Sober in the ‘Riberia Sacra’ region to ‘Lago Sanabria’ which is in the North West in the province of Zamora,it’s the biggest glacial lake in Spain! Pictures to follow later; The winner was the Australian rider Michael Mathews with Nibali keeping the RED jersey.

We are starting to get things ready for the weekend, I’ve got my ‘Vendimia’ grape-crushing costume out, White shirt, Black three quarters and of course my “ Rojo-Red Cummerbund’ – if called!

Tomorrow I’m making some ‘Ensaladilla Rusa’and on Friday after shopping down in Sabinillas a Chicken Curry to use as required, also we have plenty of Eggs and Bacon in stock to keep us going as the weekend progresses!

Tonight for supper we are having ‘Medallions of Pork Fillet’ just cooked on the griddle with Chopped Green Beans and Square Chip with the famous Tomato salsa on the side; as the Fillet is a good size we are going to have it again on Thursday, this time as ‘ Escalope of Pork Schnitzels’ cooked in foaming Lemon Butter with ‘Patatas Bravas’

After supper we are going to watch the second-leg of the ‘Spanish Super Cup’ as Barcelona take on Athletico Madrid at the ‘Camp Nou’ - all square at 1-1 ! Barcelona won after another draw 0-0 as Messi missed a penalty in the 89th minute! So the away goal rule was used !!


Thought for the Day; See above.


..







                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments: