Friday, July 22, 2011

MANILVA START OF THE WEEKEND.

THURSDAY/FRIDAY 21st/22nd JULY 2011.

Yesterday as I woke up I had a very bad pain in my right hand, it had started the evening before, I can’t use the hand and it is very tender along the side from the small finger; this has happened once before when we were over in Guadalmina, that time we went to the local chemists and they gave me some tablets and a surgical glove! So I shot around to the surgery and made an appointment for lunchtime; the relief lady Doctor was very good and gave my hand a very good going over, it is inflammation of the ligaments which can happen as you get older- I am now on a course of three tablets and an ointment and the results have been spectacular, I was even shaking hands last night!

In the afternoon I watched the Tour de France as Brenda was up on the roof terrace topping up her tan; the stage was over 200km.long and the riders were in the saddle for over six hours. It went back into France as they climbed over the three mountains on the way to the finish, Andy Schelk closed to within 15 seconds of the yellow jersey with an audacious 60km.breakaway,the rest of the leaders did not follow him as they thought that he had no chance, they were wrong ! When they realized that they were not going to catch him on the last climb of the day,Cadel Evans and Thomas Voeckler set off in pursuit on the way even dropping Alberto Contador as they went to the top of the Gailbier,the highest spot the Tour has ever been ! His solo assault on the Alps will stay long in the memory. Our evening out in the village is in the report below.

This morning we went down to Sabinillas for the weekend shopping, we are having a fishy day, for lunch we had Portuguese Sardines which I filleted and cooked in Meuniere butter and this evening we are having Baby Soles pan fried with New Potatoes before we go out again to the second concert. This afternoon I am just about to watch the last stage in the Alps when they go from Modane Valfrejus to the infamous Alpe-d’Huez. over 109kms.

Thought for the Day;

He who believes in freedom of the will has never loved and never hated.

.

No comments: