Tuesday, April 23, 2013

MANILVA ON ST.GEORGES DAY 2013


TUESDAY 22nd/ APRIL 2013.


                                                               ST.GEORGES DAY



Yesterday I received a message on Facebook from Valentina Radu of the Foreign Residents department of the council asking us could we attend a presentation today at 11-00am at the Town Hall; she had tried to ring me over the weekend but my phone was not working; it was a very pleasant surprise as when we walked up to the Town Hall there was a stage erected, the ManilvTV was there and all the council and the Mayor greeted us warmly.

We then discovered that I was going to receive a ‘Diploma’ as recognition of my exceptional support of Manilva in the blog and our input in the village; along with three other’s from Sabinillas and Duquesa who have web-pages etc, at the same time there was a local art exhibition and a poem reading by local children, this week in Spain it is ‘Culture and Book Week’I was also given a wall plate produced by the Mosaic workshop down in Sabinillas.

I gave a small thank you speech in Spanish and received a great round of applause! Many thanks to Antonia and our local councilors for the award, the recognition is greatly appreciated. The pictures above were taken with the help of my assistant correspondent photographer – thanks!!


PS; Over the last two days I have been in bed with a very bad lower back strain,the tablet's are starting to work;Brenda had to help dress me this morning and they had to lift me onto the stage - well nearly! A true'Trooper' to the end never misses an award !! 


..










.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments: