Wednesday, April 24, 2013

MANILVA AT THE START OF A SURPRISING WEEK


MONDAY 22nd/ TUESDAY 23rd/APRIL 2013.


First thing on Monday morning after our tea and toast I shot down to the surgery as I had an appointment with our doctor for a review and update; my next hospital visits with the three consultants are all in May so we went over all the current details and brought up to date my blood and weight readings – at the same time he adjusted my prescriptions. It was not till I was on my way back that my lower back started to give me some jip! By the time we got home I was in agony and realized that I had problem; Brenda applied the ointment that we have for aches and pains, which is very good and gives you quick relief and I retired to bed for the rest of the day. In the good old days back in North Wales our dear friend Tim used to lay on the hands – where are you now Timmy!!

In the evening for supper, I never loose my appetite; we had griddled Chicken Fillets with thick cut Baked Potatoes sautéed dry and Green Beans, one of our simple meals that we always enjoy. I had a very uncomfortable nights sleep as I hate sleeping on my back!

Tuesday morning I was still no better so Brenda shot around to our chemist and asked him for some tablets to help the patient; I then freshened up and with Brenda’s help got my self dressed ready to go out to the council reception that we had been asked too. It was not until we arrived at the top of our street and was greeted by all the councilors and the Mayor Antonia that we realized that it was something a bit special! The pictures have been in all the local newspapers and all the web-pages and Facebook.Gary from the ‘Resident’ paper sent us some of his pictures as you can see they are a lot better than mine, more colour and definination as of course he has a proper professional camera!

This week it is ‘Cultural and Book Week’ over here so the council has arranged all sorts of reading, films, recital's etc.which started on Tuesday with the presentations! Also on Tuesday afternoon and into the evening they had arranged a ‘St,Georges Day’ party down in Duquesa – all over Spain and especially in Catalonia and Barcelona it is also celebrated and in Alicante they have street parades!

For supper we had ‘Albondigas con Salsa Tomate’ – Meatballs in my savory Tomato sauce with Spaghetti before we watched the Bayern Munich v Barcelona 1st leg semi-final match in the ‘UEFA Champions League’ at the ‘Allianz Arena’ in Munich; Bayern were utterly dominant in front of their own fans, cruising to a deserved 4-0 win; they must go through to the final barring a huge miracle at Barcelona next week and will be the favorites to lift the trophy at Wembley Tonight it is the turn of Real Madrid to take on Bor.Dortmund in Germany in the other semi-final!

Meanwhile I have been taking things very easy; Brenda has been applying the ointment and the tablets are starting to take effect – lots of time in bed and then sitting in an upright chair – our settees are not good for bad backs! Later on TVE1 it was’Masterchef’ – once again we don’t know how the judges can choose who to eliminate as last night in the final six three of them were terrible!


Thoughts for the Day;


Books open your mind, broaden your mind, and strengthen you as nothing else can. Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own. The test of a good novel is dreading to read the last chapter.

..










.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments: