Thursday, December 27, 2012

MANILVA ( NOT BOXING DAY )


WEDNESDAY 26th/ DECEMBER 2012.


I was up bright and early and went down to the surgery to get an appointment with the doctor; here in Spain it is not a Bank Holiday-it’s a normal working day, the Town Hall was open, the shops and bars are open, chemists, butchers, etc. also – first thing this morning the water truck was washing and hosing down the streets. Over the last few weeks I have had the same problem with my legs that Brenda has – blood circulation – I have been to the doctor and been on a course of tablets but there has not been much improvement; over Xmas it got worse and the pain as I was getting out of bed was rather severe so that’s why I went to the surgery, the doctor ( Relief ) has put me on a special tablet, the same that Brenda was on but the chemists have to order it, they did and Brenda picked them up last evening. So I’ am now having to rest and keep my left foot up especially, I have taken to the couch with cushions in front of the TV so no problem there! The nurse is looking after me with foot massages and a little TLC!

We were due to go around to Sally Ann’s in the afternoon but rang and cancelled; I caught the football scores for the Boxing Day matches later; City played terrible and lost 1-0, meanwhile Utd. won and have gone 7 points clear, Everton won-again so Big Brig over in dark and freezing Pori will be happy! Over here there is no football for two weeks; I was looking forward to watching the Horse Racing around at Sally Ann’s as it is the one sport that I can’t get live; The 15-8 favourite Long Run claimed victory in a thrilling finish to the ‘ King George V1’ Chase a Kempton Park to win the race for the second time; Amateur jockey Sam Waley-Cohen, who’s father owns the horse, had the race of his life in the hardest conditions in over 70 year and had to give his all as he made at bad mistake five out – he won by a neck!

For supper we had Pork Cutlets with Lyonnaise Potatoes before settling down to watch ‘ Downton Abbey ’it was not the Xmas episode, in fact not much happened, it was the village cricket match! Anyway I’ am now on my way downstairs back to the settee for more treatment and some TLC from the nurse – hopefully !!


Thoughts for the Day;


You can overcome anything if you don’t bellyache. Those who do not complain are never pitied.





.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments: