Tuesday, September 20, 2011

MANILVA OVER THE WEEKEND AND THE START OF THE WEEK.

SATURDAY/SUNDAY/MONDAY/TUESDAY 17th/18th/19th /2Oth/ SEPTEMBER 2011.

On Saturday morning after our usual Poached Eggs on toast I watched the Rugby Union World Cup match, live, from New Zealand; Ireland beat Australia 15-6 in the biggest surprise of the tournament so far. Later in the afternoon I watched the ‘Saturday Morning Kitchen’ video on the BBCIPlayer, I’am now able to watch ITV 12/3/4/ live but can only get the BBC 1/2/3/4 on video until I can get the new telephone system, which is more powerful on-line. In the evening we had Steak and chips and then went to watch the TV film- we have a problem, our TV which is very old has gone bust, it looks like the tube has gone as the colour is funny and we now have no picture !

I was up early on Sunday morning to watch the England match against Georgia; they beat Georgia 41-10 but did not play well. We went for a walk with Cheta around the village and ended up down by the football stadium but sadly there was no football taking place. In the afternoon I watched the last stage of the Tour of Britain which ended in London on Whitehall ,in the rain, Cavendish won the sprint, his second stage victory in the Tour and Lars Boon won the event overall. Next Sunday Cavendish will start as favourite in the road race at the World Championships in Denmark; the event begins today with the women’s Time Trial. Ana called in the afternoon and joined us on the roof terrace for an hour or so as Mano was with Carlos watching the Manchester City match, so Brenda had a good gossip as I was putting on the Lamb cutlets to have with the Boulangere potatoes which I had just put in the oven. At the moment I have not been able to find another on-line web-page to watch the football matches over in England since Myp2p was taken off line so I have to catch up with them on Spanish TV! If we had one!! We are getting our TV time in front of the PC in the office and have watched the new episode of ‘Spooks ’as well as some other programmes.

Monday morning I shot around the surgery and got an appointment within half an hour to get my prescriptions renewed so our Doctor has also set up some tests to check me out and on Wednesday Brenda is doing the same thing just to make sure the pensioner’s are ticking over all right! When I got back to the house we washed the Smart car as the Sahara dust is still about; we then went for a walk with Cheta and came across some new work taking place next to the new Wine Centre, it looks like the council have got some money from the regional government and so they have started to level off the car park but they have come across a problem, they have unearthed some old ruin’s of a brick kiln and the University of Malaga are excavating it at the moment! Pictures to follow when I can arrange with them to take them!

Today is an at home day after we came back from our walk; Brenda is finishing off getting ready for her two sisters coming this time next week, I have arranged the rental car so as we can pick them up from Gibraltar and we have planned the menu’s and where we are going to take them ! Watch this space. Fingers crossed as I think that I have found a sports channel to watch the live football and other sports on so I ‘am going to give it a go after finishing the blog. Tonight we are having Pork cutlets with more Boulangere potatoes as I made a large dish on Sunday.

Thought for the Day;

Order is the shape upon which reality depends.

..

.

No comments: