Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DAY 3 COUNTDOWN TO THE GREAT ESCAPE.

Tuesday 30th March 2010.

Well this morning I was up bright and early as I had to go across to Manilva to drop off some more bits and pieces at the house; there was more traffic about on the motorway and the tolls had nearly doubled for Easter!
I called into the surgery to get my prescription and collected the tablets from the chemists in the main street;
They were all ready for the Semana Santa weekend and the stalls were going up, on the way back I called into
see Mano and Anna to catch up with the village gossip, Carlos called in and Andy was also there; Mano and
Carlos are taking bets to see if we get out on Thursday and for what time we will get home !! I then stopped at the English butchers and ordered two Legs of Lamb for our Sunday lunch – Fingers crossed. Whilst I was in the village I took the picture below of the Wine Center and the progress on the finishing.

When I got back to the villa I picked Brenda up and we shot down to the clinic in Tarifa for her daily check up;
Our regular doctor gave her a good check and cleaned and cut away some old skin before he redressed the wound, he says that it will require 5/7 more days of treatment so we will have to arrange things when we get back to Manilva. We have arranged two more visits on Wednesday and Thursday to Tarifa.

At lunchtime when we came back from Tarifa I made a Beef Stew for dinner tonight; it contains, Onions, Garlic, Carrots,Celery.Leeks,Parsnips,Green Beans,Tomatoe,Mushrooms,Lentils and diced Potatoes all combined and cooked in a rich Red wine stock and some secret ingredients!

Thought for the Day;

Always keep your words soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them.

.

No comments: