Monday, August 24, 2009

CASA OLIMPIA.

Monday 24th August 2009.

We were up bright and early as we had to get across to Tarifa for 9-0clock to take the family down to Gibraltar for their flight home; using plan B we managed to get all the luggage in and I dropped them off at the border as the traffic was very bad to get into Gibraltar.As I got back to the villa and we were just unpacking Brenda shouted that we had no water! On checking I soon realized that the water had been turned off as we had a red notice on the water main in the side lane!! Are we just unlucky or what? I then rang the water people and found out that the water bills had not been paid for a few months, they would not accept a credit card over the phone and the only way was to pay cash down in the office in Tarifa! The problem then was that I did not have enough cash, Joan had some but it still was not enough and I did not have the time to go across to Estepona to our bank so Joan gave me her card and I shot down to Tarifa,only to be caught in a traffic jam on the way across the mountain.Tarifa is very busy at this time of the year and all the cash points had long queues so eventually with time running out I found a helpful bank and got the rest of the cash, a very helpful lady in the bank gave me the directions to the water office in a small one way side street in down town Tarifa which I managed to get to and park just before they closed! As I arrived back at the villa in a disheveled state, the water as promised came back on!! I don’t think that I can take anymore !!! I need a wet flannel and a dark room for a while. It’s going to be Ham,Egg and chips for supper as we sort ourselves out and we catch up with the shopping on Tuesday.Boo and Mille seem very happy to see us and we have got some Mince and Carrots on for them !

No comments: