Thursday, January 15, 2009

MANILVA.

Tuesday/Thursday 13th/15th January.

Tuesday 13th.

Everyday now we go for a walk as it is now warm in the sun although it goes cold when you are out of the sun but we are very lucky as the rest of Spain is experiencing Artic conditions with in some places they have snow for the first time in fifty years! We did our shopping in the village and now we top up at the supermarket only when we have to.Daily shopping is good as we buy fresh in small quantities on impulse buying,what we want when we want and we are supporting the local economy at the same time! In the evening after supper we practiced our Spanish pronunciation as we watched the news,no problemente!

Wednesday 14th.

We walked down to the end of the village to see Mano and Anna and catch up with the news and gossip, we also exchange newspapers and books at the same time.They have got over their colds and flu,Gripe in Spanish!
When we got back I spent some time in the office catching up with the e-mails and the blog page;the two projects that I am working on,the TV programme on the local station and the book on my/our life are ongoing,I am planning to spend a set amount of time each day on the book as my typing improves and I learn how to use the Hard drive on the PC and each week I prepare a new update of the proposed format for the TV as I follow the news on the TV and PC as well as reading the newspapers on line.I am also learning new skills on the two laptops,the present challenges are to get the Web Cam working and print some business cards! Mano showed me the Manilva Life web page,which is a little out of date,but I am proposing to start posting pictures from the Digi Cam and Camcorder as when I did the same in the Sur in English newspaper I came second in the competition at the first attempt!

Thursday 15th.

Today we called into to see Vidal and Gissy on the other side of Estepona as they are now also over the Gripe and Gissy had a business proposal to make to us about making some money as the gig work at this time of the year is very quiet; we are giving the idea some thought but we have had three phone calls after putting the ad back in the paper,in fact one of the calls was as we were at Gissy’s and we are going over to Mijas on Saturday morning to meet the people and hopefully arrange to look after the animals and the villa sometime next week as they have to go to England at short notice. Watch this space!

No comments: