Monday, September 08, 2008

MANILVA FIESTA DE LA VANDIMIA.

Sunday 7th.September.

The last part of the festival is when the first pickings of the grape are crushed in the vat at around seven o’clock in the evening and the crowds are at their highest and liveliest! I approached the Mayor,Antonia Munoz and the Head of the Fiestas Department,Paqui Lopez and suggested that I would like to crush the grapes in the future-only to find myself being shown to the vat and the Mayor helped me climb in and at the same time she took the video with our camcorder !! So I became the first English man to crush the grapes in Manilva,it should be a vintage year!! As I climbed out with the helping hand of the local policemen our neighbour’s at the top of our street handed me the first glass of the juice which I downed in one! Viva la Grape!!

No comments: