Tuesday, June 22, 2010

MANILVA WEEKEND.

FRIDAY/MONDAY 18TH/21ST JUNE 2010.

As usual on Friday we went out first thing in the morning and did the weekend shopping and picked up the papers; in the afternoon I made a Fish pie which we took down to Mano and Anna’s to have before we watched the England v Algeria match, the pictures below show my hair bands in patriotic Red ,White and Blue and Anna in her English top with my hat and flag! Sadly England played terrible and I did not get to blow my whistle once!! England 0 Algeria 0 un b----y believable.

Every day now the weather is getting hotter and hotter but still we a little breeze, so on Saturday lunchtime we went up to Bar Rojas for a Tapas and cool drink under the trees and a large sun umbrella; Brian joined us a bit later as he had a big night on Friday drowning his sorrows,Lilli then came along and finally Andy, to cut a long story short we ended up feeling no pain and came back down our street at 9-00pm,eight hours later ! It seems that Brian has challenged me to a fish pie cook off amongst many other things !

On Sunday it will not surprise you to know that we had a lie in and took things easy for the rest of the day; the sport on the TV was good with the Motorcycle Grand Prix from the new track at Silverstone and the last stage of the Tour of Switzerland when Lance Armstrong nearly won. In the evening we had Steak and Frits for supper as we could not face them on Saturday evening !

First thing on Monday morning I shot across to Estepona to our bank as we received the pension documents on Friday and I had to get all the bank details correct, when I got back I popped a Chicken in the oven to roast as we had planned to have cold Chicken and salad down at Mano and Anna’s in the evening,Mano rang in the afternoon and said that Anna was not well and in bed so we ate before we went down to watch the Spain v Honduras match in the evening, the pictures below show me in full regalia as we headed off; Spain this time won and played the best football in the World Cup so far as they beat Honduras 2 – 0 but they are not safe yet. On the way home my whistle was given the full works as all the cars went past. The other pictures show Brenda with “ Cheta ”after she came calling to show us her new hair cut !

No comments: